GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and gals

Have been away for a while and living in an M3 Convertible since the GTR was stolen.

I have decided I want to remove my tints on the car and wanted to know whether any of you guys have attempted this and what the easiest/cleanest method is?

Hope you have all been well :)

Oh and btw its only polite to post a pic:

Thanks

Faz

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I rather like the styling of the current M3, I'd rate it 2nd in the series, 1st being the original of course.

I had a tint shop remove the tint from my car. It was a fairly tedious process with some solvent, soaking paper towels in it, then pasting the towels to the tint. After having a sit for a couple hours, the tint and glue could be removed. The side windows came out clean, but the rear glass still has faint glue residue, which irks me but never enough to get me to move off my ass to try to get that last bit of glue off.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to heat the glue with a hair-dryer and then use warm water and a blade to remove the glue?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi, I recommend buying some auto glym intensive tar remover, I used this after being recommended it and it works on adhesives etc absolutely brilliant to remove the glue residue after removing a rear window tint on my car, John.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I recommend buying some auto glym intensive tar remover, I used this after being recommended it and it works on adhesives etc absolutely brilliant to remove the glue residue after removing a rear window tint on my car, John.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Hot water and a blow dryer will do the job. don't know how clean but my mate done it to his Lexus after the traffic cops were chasing him time after time. They were very dark though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts