GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
4.6 is the way to go. In the mid 3secs 100to200 dragy times.
No way :) in these Covid times saving money is key (well for me it is) to get to the motor I like. 4.6 and the supporting mods must be very expensive? How much is that? For a street car, daily driver 900 bhp and 800lb yes.

·
Registered
334 Posts
What’s the full spec of the motor?
I will have ago. With the big bits.

To start with everything was supplied and fitted by litchfields.

4.6 red top engine
Callies ultra billet crankshaft
Callies ultra enforcer I beam rods
Litchfield pistons
Ported and polished heads with larger cc intake and larger valves
Litchfield billet engine girdle
Litchfields updated fuel system
Litchfields manifolds with 7663 turbos
Ams intake manifold with 12 injectors
Full Dodson gearbox and clutches extreme
Dodson 4 wheel drive unit
Litchfield gearbox cooler
The list is endless.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would not have a clue. All I no is it is a mixture of bore and stroke that makes it a 4.6.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I like that setup in a road car, over 700 torques across a 5000 rpm rev band, must drive awesome.
Yes it drives very smoothly but the low down torque is very close to a supercharged v8. For a road car it is almost perfect.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would say. Approximately you will get no change from £45k. For the complete set up.
Would be surprised if its that low if all supporting mods to take full advantage is considered. Yes the gtr is a ridiculous sports car for tuning, will be lamented in years to come. Till the electrics take over..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine will be less than 50k including lighter Recaro seats, kw hls4 (lift kit), kw v3 coilovers, albin full gear set, 16x plate clutch, Quaife lsd, ihi stage 4 turbos, anti roll bars front and rear, fully built engine, 1300 injectors, upgrade fuel pumps, head work, I’m sticking to original cams, race marstons intercooler, sd kit, 4 bar map sensor, 4wd upgrade, carbon fibre roof, carbon fibre boot spoiler, Mapping, 4 wheel alignment and suspension setup, plus other stuff I can’t even remember but note. This I believe would probably be closer to 75k plus if I didn’t do some swap deals, some donor stuff that SVM did for me, etc. No way this would cost less than 50k. I know Litchfield we’re charging 50k for lm1000 years ago.

As I believe Ben Linney (his maps always been the best for me and he spends time in after care in remote maps, not had this experience elsewhere just my experience) did a compare with efr 6 and ihi 4 for street and based on quarter mile, etc was hardly anything in it so chose to save many thousands Not just on turbo but prices across the board.

on top of this SVM were excellent (having gone to others with what I would call less than good after service) to get my carbon ceramics refurbed, fitted, i also have akrapovic titanium exhaust fitted.

SVM also helped in conjunction with R35audio to have some lovely electronics And audio fitted will show case in project section next month.

I found SRD to be excellent in customer service and if it were not for their wait time and distance could have gone with them but some deals I couldn’t pass.

my requirement to meet was as follows. To go to the limit of traction on road (mitchelin) tyres at the best price. So I wanted everything built around that for road use (nice idle, street manners, except when I go for it). I’m not looking at chasing bhp with dialled down torque. I want as much as I can get that can actually be put down on the street, so low down torque, acceleration, is for me not high rpm bhp (that is second). So in a nutshell c800lbft torque with reliability at the best price.

track comes second, drag does not figure at all... Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Should be complete next week so c6 weeks (but thats with some stops for getting certain things in) , etc

41 - 60 of 71 Posts