GTR Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Im opening a project page with pictures my experiences, etc, etc.
I have been real strict on this and I must have sent over 100 emails with them. A guy called Steve Parton has been outstanding!!! I mean super outstanding the best I have come across in 20+ years of car tuners for customer service. Each time ive done something ive asked a question and its none of that (youve paid your cash get lost kind of vibe you can get...).

The key with this was one thing only, max I can get within the limits of the tyres for standard road tyres, at best price. As this I feel will be my last full petrol car in 4/5 years Im probably gonna go Corvette c8 Zr1 hybrid. Or GTR hybrid if it comes out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What are the limits of tyres, Jamie P just done 100 to 200 in 2.8sec on the street. 20 inch wheels 4s tyres. Over 1100fbt.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine will be standard tyres like him and I’m talking low down torque, not speed limit breaking speeds. It’s all around 0- 80 (speedo accuracy, tyre offset blah blah) on the roads. most of tuners tend to say 800lb/ft low down is the sweet spot for traction on street within legal limits. I guess I will see (I hope). I did read a lot on his, Ryan g, Adam, etc just to see what was what.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok seems a lot of money and huge spec to keep within the speed limits, normally the gtr comes alive at these speeds in standard form let alone tuned. A tesla would do what your after, anyhoo hope it goes well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A Tesla is actually more and doesnt go round corners very well (remember I didn’t say what I paid just what it was less than which is considerably less than the number I referenced). As I do want some track time (Remember that’s my second). I did consider one, drove one as well as hiring Porsche turbo S, Aston Martin and some other exotics for that very reason (someone will say why not buy xyz) all covered. Porsche was considerably more for way less, Tesla more for less (When I looked at options and one where batteries were not half used as only a few p100’s that are ok but again not something I would take on track), Aston Martin.... I think you get the picture. Aston Martin gave me actual back ache after two days use.

Coming alive at 100mph? Unfortunately if I wanted that I would just hire a mclaren or similar for the odd day I would be doing that in anger. Give me the GTR monster for everyday speeds and then use it for the odd track day.

So from actual experience no a Tesla doesn’t do what I was after 😀. I also have a friend that owns one with loads of recalls, battery issues, etc, etc and constantly planning trips by how close he can get to a charger. As you can see done the research. Hope this helps others.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cool if you want it for track time as well makes more sense.I was in a 720 on a trackday couple of weeks ago awesome toy.But there is plenty life left in a GTR after 100mph even standard. I'm sure you will have fun.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hope so. 720 must be awesome. I know this is a GTR forum but I just don’t think there is an all round car as good as it for the price. Good round town, street and track.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I hope it all goes to plan :) My only issue based on others is I think for street will be fine just need to check re the occasional track use and extra cooling but that will be a future thing. All round the car has a few things to show case like

1) Police/emergency/plain clothes detector
2) battery pack so camera front and rear can be on even when engine is off and car is parked :). with bluetooth access (not fully setup yet)
3) Upgraded audio including stage 2 R35audio with ability to tune myself
4) radar detection (and some other stuff ..... ;-) )
5) Linney AWD controller

Etc, etc will show case all and tell what I think strengths, weakness, photos. Alas I will lose the suspension controller which Hugh setup but that (DSC) will be on sale.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts