GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask this because i was going to adjust my damping and front was OK but surely you dont have to remove all the seats and parcel shelf etc to do the rears?
Did HKS put a damping adjustment elsewhere on the rear shock so you dont have to dismantle half the car to adjust it!!?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I have a Nismo S-Tune setup, and the adjustment is done via the top of the shock even for the rear.

When fitting it states in the instrctions to drill a 8mm or so hole in the parcel shelf, so that you can put the provided tool through the shelf and adjust the rear shocks accordingly.

I didn't do this to mine, as i didn't want to drill holes in the rear shelf

I guess this is the same with the HKS.....if so then like you say its a rear seat out job....

·
Registered
858 Posts
My Hipermax had an adjusting knob on a flexible pipe which came off the top of the rears and through the parcel shelf so you could adjust them from the back seat.

I've not took them off the car so if I can find the adjusters in question you can have them for the cost of the post!

·
Registered
870 Posts
My Hipermax had an adjusting knob on a flexible pipe which came off the top of the rears and through the parcel shelf so you could adjust them from the back seat.
Mine are exactly the same as that Ian :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hang on a minute!!!!!!!!!
I have those things poking through my parcel shelf also but i thought they was something to do with the alarm sytem!!:chairshot
Now i know what they are for, thanks everyone!:thumbsup:
Gareth that is a very kind offer but it looks like i have them already now.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Haha!

No problem, just hope you're not trying to find them to make them softer only to find out they were already on their softest setting like I did!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to make them harder!!
I need it even more focused!!
Do you know how many clicks it has in total?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts