GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...It was about a test drive in an RS 200 which went a bit wrong !!
After putting it into a wall backwards the mechanics have bought out another piece of weaponry... an R33 which they then tell him has 1000bhp and bill it as the most powerful car in Britain today.. a tad optimimistic, in my opinion but still good press...

the car is reported in the article to belong to Dave Jones anyone know any details ??

the reg plate was R1 GTR, I'm sure the plate being on this site won't matter as it was a lagre piccy on page 53 of Friday 21st's Sun.

Dave if you read this, I hope they rebuild the RS 200 nicely for you.

regards
Steve

·
Registered
312 Posts
JUN Car!

Steve,

Dave Jones does still owns the yellow car and it is back at Crail in two weeks running again..

I agree with your comments about it not being the most powerful Skyline in the U.K as their are "other" cars that could at least match it in my opinion...

It is just a shame that the Yellow JUN car,the 3.0 litre Giken car of Michael's and the white R33 car form Option are NOT confirmed for Elvington.

Stu

·
Registered
130 Posts
The R33 from option is in bits at the moment, as my mate just brought the turbos off of it.

apparently having a bit of a re-fit.....should be good

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd wondered if this was the Jun car...

so if it was really only about 600 ( I say only !!) can you imagine what would have happened if it was in it's original spec !!

The UK skyline scene is getting quite big now with a lot of cars in development or just hitting the streets.

it should be a good few years until we see the full potential reached on UK soil...

/Steve

·
Registered
312 Posts
Confused??

I was under the impression that the Option R33 was a Big Single??
Then again my info may be out of date!:(

BTW Any idea of what is happening to it then?

·
Registered
130 Posts
dunno really, only know its in bits at the moment.

may have been a big single once, as I was under the impression its been played about with in a few configurations recently.

so who knows, probably come out in some firebreathing manner soon

·
Registered
710 Posts
Option R33

The Option R33 has been in bits since pre-Kemble last year. It hasn't been rebuilt primarily because Mayur has been busy working on other customer cars and so the demo car has to take a back seat. Last time I checked it was running a single T51 SPL and Kiki made no mention of changing it - in fact he was talking about putting it back together again for the Top 10 shoot out (that was a couple of months ago).

Talat.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Excellent!

Talat,

That is very good news if it can attend the Top Ten Day...

I have my name down as well, but have my doubts how well the car will perform, suppose i will have to hope and pray!

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
327 Posts
Big Claims Of HP in the UK!

I keep hearing big Claims of BHP here in the UK but have never seen any evidence of this! Other than Gary's of GTRart 714+++BHP

I have just heard that Mhurst have done a full Steel 3ltr car that went out to do the Cannon ball run does any one know about that ?

Word has it that little John of MH went as spanners on the run!

Unconfirmed information said it was 1000BHP were do they do there Dyno testing? can we get the out put sheet does any one know of a Dyno near or around MH?

Just intrested

Bruce

·
Registered
312 Posts
CAr in Question!

Bruce,

The car you are referring to is owned my Michael Diamantes and yes it is a 3.0 litre giken conversion, and i don't think it has been dyno'd, but it is the same car that has just done the Gunball rally in the states...

Stu

·
Registered
666 Posts
1000cc injectors it does have...1000bhp unlikely.
Unfortunately Michael is a very busy lad and rarely has the time to make any of our events.
Hopefully he will make the top ten, it is a nice car.

My 2p worth.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
power

if garys car ran a 11.4 with his car putting out 715 bhp
with a TS of 127 mph
the jun car ran a time of 10.04 and a TS over 150 mph

so the jun car is 1.36 sec faster than garys car over the 1/4 mile that
car has to have big power to make that time up
bikes dont even do times like that????????????:D

keith

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
T/SPEED

WELL THE GUY THAT RUNS CRAIL DRAG STRIP TOLD ME WHAT TIMES AND SPEED IT DONE HE SAID IT WAS OVER 150 MPH
BUT I CANT REMEMBER HOW MUCH OVER.
IT ALSO WAS FITTED WITH FULL TRIM

KEITH

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi

Just second what Keith has said.

The Jun car ran 10.2 in Japan and 10.8 here

If anyone remembers Autocars 0-100-0 competition it came second behind a Stealth Racer - The Jun Skyline clocked 3.6 to 60.

If Davy Jones reaction time had been better than 1.2 secs at 100 on brakin he would have won the competition - Includin competition as GT1, TVR shite etc...

I normally dont beleive the hype associated with big power cars & still dont think its 1000 bhp but no other Skyline comes close on proven timin.

My 2P worth

·
Registered
78 Posts
If the Jun Car did a 10.2 run on an alledged 1000bhp, imagine what sort of power Mario's GTR must be putting out.

As you all probably know he's finally managed to run his car. During shake down runs they recorded 9.75s (TS 141mph)! Mind you, that was before it consumed its front driveshafts and front diff...

MDG.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think you are getting a little confused here Strip times and BHP may have a factor but BHP per Tune plays a bigger one!

I was talking about Dyno results and the Dyno I was talking about was TJ's Dyno which has the UK bench Mark for Skyline's

It is not relevant to talk about Strip times Unless the cars are being Driven by the same driver. as a good man on the strip will make a lot of time up,

I know as an old car I had did some 2.5 seconds better with a Man behind the wheel that new what he was doing!

(Not Saying Gary is not a supper star on the Drag Strip) But I do Know he is not there every week and that what makes a big difference.

So lets (as Guy has many times now) Call the Big BHP cars down to show there salts on TJ's Dyno

And we will all know the the bull from the BHP

Garys Car Proven 714++ BHP on TJ's Dyno Long live the King of BHP

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Mmmmmm

Bruce

It's interesting that Ronnies 33, with a TJ 670bhp, has ran an 11.05 1/4 @127 mph at North Weald at the same time Gary, TJ proved 714bhp, ran 11.40.

I know they won't mind me saying this but neither of them have spent a lot of time drag racing, although Gary had definetly been practising his starts :D, so its probably hard to equate bhp to 1/4 mile times when the human ability and experience factor comes into it.

Best way to sort it out, and to perhaps understand it better, is for all and sundry to be at the '10 of the Best'.

Like I've said, and Talat has, I'll gladly give up my spot to see the Super Lemon run. That 150mph terminal spped is AMAZING.

glen

1 - 20 of 47 Posts