GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
That Car

Sounds lovely. Two words which escaped you though Mr Welch, have a look again, see if you can find them and you will then see why it can have that kind of power running 2530 turbines.

I sit here and wait whilst you look:)

Not saying it has got 2530's but the engine is not limited by the size of the turbines and how much power they produce alone.

Let me know when you find the words and I will tell you if you are correct:)

Just remember, you cant get 500lbs of torque from 2530's either;)

:smokin:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Dirk I am all ears...

Nice side burns on the TV as well. They are running wild!!
So what is it missing? 2.8? 3.0?
Er was it not you that said to get torque you make sacrifices on the BHP? And we are talking BHP here on this car.

Also I remember talking to a Nissan guy at Le Mans a few years back when they were running the LM GT390 and he said:

"skyline. all power come from turbos. only 2.6. You need big turbo to power skyline big"

Guess what Abbey says the same as well. the power from the car comes from the turbos.
You can get extra torque through a bigger capacity...
So I can challenge what you sat about the engine and power....the power will come from the turbos. It is the only way

So are you saying that you can get 630 horse out of 2530s at 1.2 bar? If so I am off to buy some!!

The old ferrari F1 cars used to run Massive turbos on 1.5 V6...and they had 1500 BHP in qaulifying trim...mmm. a 1.5 V6 won't give yo uthat will it.

I look forward to seeing it tho as it does sound massive
NLW

·
Registered
14 Posts
As the creator of the thread in question I thought it only polite to actually get involved with this thread rather than watch from afar...................

Not being a regular that posts on this forum and therefore not completely understanding where you guys are all coming from with your comments I am presuming that you all think I am talking complete pony, and you may well all be right!!!!!

Anyway I really would be interested in getting your comments as we (my best mate and I) certainly dont profess to know everything or anything really about skylines ,and really try and just call it as we see it.
You obviously doubt the figures that the car has achieved on the dyno and may well have factual info that deems them incorrect ,
if so please share it.....

Perhaps I can start with some questions of my own from the mails above

1) What aspect of the thread in question was a "debate"?
2) Where was it getting actually getting "silly"?
3) Exactly what should I have be flamed for?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Melun.

Never doubted the figures...just int in what turbos it has as I want SOME!!! not pony neither.

1) anything that our good friend Diggs touches becomes debate.
2) I was hoping to help out with comments and try to find out what turbos they could be...
3) Last time I went on scoobynet with comments about skylines and power figures...I got flamed. I meant I thought you would get flamed but it seems ok on the board there.

Hope this helps and we should all meet up soon. anyway that's it from me as I know dick all about GTRs and off to get up to me back wheels in some local smoot.

Nick

PS good chain of cars....RS Turbo-MR2 Turbo-FTO-Scoob Type R-Who knows...Skyline perhaps??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cheers for the reply

Yeah would definately like to hook up with some fellow enthusiasts and owners.

I am sure the more experienced of you on here will be able to identify a whole lot more on the car than we have been able to in the short time its been on this side of the pond.

Also I love any excuse to play with skylines round the twisties in my Type R..............................................................

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
NLW and LUKE

No - not f con - also I didnt say you sacrifice HP for torque:confused: Look again at the words - There are two in there that tell you why - I a not douting figures or piss ripping - look again :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Maybe the car is not chucking out the power quoted but it has to be said the spec sheet on this car is amazing and the owner paid only £20k for it,which I think is a bit of a bargain and as Melun said his mate does not know much about cars so I am sure he is happy with it and thats all that matters really...
Dirk..I have never met you before so I did not know it was you on TV last night but I can say as soon as your face appeared a cry of "look at those beauties" echoed around the room....Top Bernards!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Colonel

Actually the owner is very much up to speed on his cars.
He has had many of his cars featured in magazines that were once honerable such Fast Car etc over the last 10 years.

He is a electrical engineer by trade and has already rebuilt the gearbox on the Skyline himself. Not to mention the untold Impreza and Calibra Turbo engine rebuilts............
His family are all engineers , Dad aircraft inspector , Brother TVR Tuscan race engineer etc etc.

All I was trying to get at is that we don't really know the "skyline world".
Many of you guys will know what works and what doesn't on the cars and more importantly what spec could / can produce certain results......... where as we certainly don't.

To be honest we would love some experienced eyes have a look at it as we really don't know what to compar it to!!!!

As mentioned in the scooby thread we had a long chat with a guy with a modded R1 bike who couldn't beleive how it ran. But we don't know if thats the norm for a modded skyline........

Still learning a lot every day ..............

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
20 fookin K for all that

Melun you man deserves a pat on the back!! and I hope it all holds together as that is just a steal!! Even with the wheels and all the carbon bits that is good money...and then you have all that grunt and electronics...simply superb.

Meet sounds good and never heard of this dyno.
Mate don't even get into the dyno thing...fookin hell there was a lot of tears on that subject.
Sounds fookin fast tho.

And dirk I really have no idea about the 2 words and do not care.
Those burns were bloddy spectacular last night
BUT YOU DID GET WHUPPED BY A WOMAN MATE...
WHAT IS ALL THAT ABOUT??

NLW

·
Registered
498 Posts
Melun....
I must have read it wrong when I saw the post on scoobynet......
He must have pretty good knowlage to rebuild a gearbox...He could probably get some business on here as to fix peoples week 5th gear....
Still it looks a good car from the pictures,I would have bought it but at the time I saw it I still had my evo to get sold...

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
HKS Tokyo

Nah, not that either, sorry.:(

Anyway, the answer is there but nevermind:D

Thanks for the kind words about last night Nick, I spoke to Rob this morning and he said it looked like my head had been inflated with a bicycle pump and one of my eyes replaced with a glass one, fantastic. I knew there was a reason I am a freight forwarder and not a TV presenter:D

As for getting beaten by a Girl, Yes she did it and as she said fair and square, she knows it was short lived as I only had the GTS but what a way to beat me eh!, in front of 7million viewers - bitch!!:D

Well done Tigs

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
just pullin yer chain DD

you would expect a 350 + bhp pulsar to do that when it is lighter as a car and the driver is lighter as well. er 4wd does help on launches! Still a good launch tho from the good lady.
Plus those burns must weigh a bit as well.
I still think they are spectacular and your best feature.

NLW

1 - 20 of 28 Posts