GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be updating my project thread later on tonight so will go into abit more detail later but basically last Tuesday was not my day at all :runaway: . Went for mapping at TDI (120miles from home) and within a few mins of it being on the dyno he noticed a misfire at top end. Quickly diagnosed as faulty coils. Thanks to mook managed to shoot to rk tunning and grab a set (30 mile down road) after a 2 hour trip back because of an RTA we fitted some plugs and coils and all was fine. Then all was going well (so we thought) and she dropped onto a misfire and plums of black smoke, the tunner straight away said we have a boost leak so after a few mins with the brake cleaner we found that we had an air leak around cylinder 3-4 throttle body. Car would hardly run and there was no way of me driving her home :( suspected blown a gasket or something. Got recovered home and basically pressured the inlet and found the leak. After another 3/4 of a turn on the nuts all was well! Thought that was it, put it back together it was no better :( after abit more pressurising we found the obvious :( popped boost pipe of the n/s of the intercooler. Great I had found the fault! Put it all back together and it's worse than ever. No smoke now but lots of banging cracking and popping. We had gone from really rich to really lean. So we now have pre ignition! After scratching my head I speak to TDI who confirm my thoughts, the air leak was always on the throttle body gasket and it was in the process of being mapped with the leak until the intercooler pipe decided it no longer wanted to be attached! So now the leak is fixed its running lean as. So basically I've gotta get the car back down them for mapping again and the only way I can think of doing so is if there is any good samaratons here that would ether lend me a standard ecu and I pay postage or even if I can give someone a drink for boring rather than me buying one then chucking in my shed never to see light again lol. Thanks guys :bowdown1:

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I can lend you a uk spec R33 GTR ECU.

Pm me your address.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts