GTR Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I only want to 'aquire' one car and that will involve more money that I am going to have for a loooooooong time. He aint stupid...he knows that a nice R34 is not worth 10k...

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Perra over in Sweden have been trying the D2 Racing big brake kit. I think i will do the same in the near future. I love the purple color if you ask me, too many gold and orange big brake kit around. Looks the same except different color and logo. The D2 one does look a bit like the Project Mu writting. :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
they where talking about the 356mm the 330mm will fit no worriesbut i think its well worth the extra for the 356 kit.to be fair they look good and will be much better than standard but im going to save and get the brembo f50 kit as it rules.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think G4's,D2's and K-sport are all pretty much the same kit just renamed.

However I do know that [email protected] (k-sport Uk importer) has made a lot of modifications to the standard k-sport kit after testing it at a few Uk tracks and at Spa and the ring.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
991 Posts
If you've got an R32 Gtr i'd advise you to give Ron at RK or Rob at Perfect Touch (Herts) a ring, I've got a 33 Gts-t which has the same front brakes as standard. Ron fitted me with DBA track/fast road discs and I use ferrodo DS2500 pads and it stops OK. I think Rob's 32Gtr has AP's but he has big wheels and you might not get them under 17's. If you've the money and they will fit the AP's are the best, if not consider these DBA's.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
However I do know that [email protected] (k-sport Uk importer) has made a lot of modifications to the standard k-sport kit after testing it at a few Uk tracks and at Spa and the ring.
I am interested in this also. As far as I know, and can see, all of Apex brake looks the same as the D2 Racing one. These are the only one I have seen with my eyes as no one in UK do the G4 brakes.

I am wondering what modification you can do to the brakes kit to help it against heat, fade, or cracking, etc as Bren has claimed. The problem I see is that if it is a Manufacture process, it will filter to everyone else as they are all from the same factory. If it is something that was done when the brakes arrives in the UK, then I would like to know what...

I cannot see someone putting/changing a screw here and shaving a bit off there and somehow make the brake better and magically better than other kits from the same factory.

Or is this something Apex said to make us believe that the K-sports brake kit are magical? :chuckle:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts