GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy one, but I read on Nismo's website that the case needs to be trimmed? How much of it and what part needs to be trimmed?

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last I spoke he hadn't, but as my engine is in bits I think it is the best time to replace it.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Have a look at the Quaife ATB front diff, everyone that has one in their GT-Rs love them (me included)
The great thing with these diffs (unlike a plate style 1.5 LSD) is there is no understeer, With so much more front grip than the open diff.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Have a look at the Quaife ATB front diff, everyone that has one in their GT-Rs love them (me included)
The great thing with these diffs (unlike a plate style 1.5 LSD) is there is no understeer, With so much more front grip than the open diff.
Are you running aftermarket rear diff too or just front? Been looking at the Qualife front myself but it seems most are running both front and rear and not just front.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Are you running aftermarket rear diff too or just front? Been looking at the Qualife front myself but it seems most are running both front and rear and not just front.
I am running a Nismo 2way rear diff, but quite a few people still run the standard rear LSD (Geoff from Full-Race is one)

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The quaife is too expensive furthermore it can only be bought from SVS. I an going for the Nismo 1.5 however the Cisco 1 way looks interesting too. Just wanted to know what case trimming is required with a Nismo.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
How much more expensive is it? It's a bunch cheaper in NZ than a Nismo.
......lifetime warranty, zero maintenance

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If the regular LSD was that bad why would Nismo use it in their Z tune? And those who have reported ill issues what was the diff preset level set to?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
the diff is ffine when your on it as they say. but for a car that maybe used in town or at lower speeds I find them terrible.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I will stick to a Nismo one. Still no one has answered about trimming the case ...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Apparently my 32 has a Nismo front diff... have no idea if it be the 1.5 or if the case needs trimming tho so im pretty much useless info wise to you lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts