1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on own up... Anyone here?

Posted On MKIVSupras Forum...
Red SKYLINE - My best kill yet
Don't know what spec it was but it looked a beast.

Coming out of St Ives on the way to the A14. He was 2 cars behind me. I clocked him in my mirror as we headed towards the dual carriageway, practicing in my mind what to do. Just as the Spitfire pilots would with a BF109 behind them.

The other cars leave the main road and he is right where I want him when you join the A14 (once round the bend it is a perfect launch strip where you merge with the dual carriageway.

So I dribble round the bend slowly and flick the O/D button. I waited until he was round the bend too otherwise that wouldn't be gentlemanly.

Now it is time

I floor the throttle and get up to 14.5psi (my max until I get me downpipes) To my amazement he is trying but not keeping up !!!

A couple of miles later I pull to the inside lane to let him past to see what he can do. I wanted to make sure he was trying and I had a legit kill.

Sure enough, when the traffic clears in front of him he boots it and black smoke puffs out from his phat exhaust, but again I just reel him in like a dead kipper.

I can always nail Skylines on my Playstation but didn't think it would be so easy on real tarmac.

And I had a flat rear tyre. Bit silly really. When we parted I gave him thumbs up and an indicator wink but he didn't seem to reply.

If your reading Mr Skyline you know I nailed you!
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Running 14.5PSI I'm sure he would have done a standard Skyline....I guess?

Hell I got dusted cleanly by a souped up Sierra Cosworth so I know 1st hand that it can happen.

Also had a Supra TT once and they don't hang about. Maybe he should try a trackday? Even the odds a little.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MKIV J-Spec TT GZ Aerotop
Blitz Nur-Spec, HKS De-Cat
TRL VFCC

Car Specs...

As Jim says in a straight line a sooped up supra could have done the biz but round the bends.... no no no no no!

Still Love Them Supes though....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts