GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an interesting experience this morning with the gearbox.

Anytime the revs went down to sub 1500rpm the whole car vibrated like a large diesel engine, touch the accelerator above this and all fine, sounded like it was coming from the rear ie gearbox.

At first I thought maybe it's a cold weather thing so carried on the drive to work as normal but once the temperature of the gearbox oil had reached 75degs I purposely took a side road to test again, no change.

When I rejoined normal traffic I was concerned it was going to stall so I applied the handbrake and revved the car about 1500rpm, after holding the car like this for no more than 2-3secs, there was a clonk and everything returned to normal.

The rest of my journey was perfect, bit strange anyone else had this one, hoping it was a one off gremlin.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Not had any problems like this however the car does cough below 1500 rpm so I stay well above. Very strange problem though, hope it doesn't happen again.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Have you had optimisation yet?

I'm taking a stab here, but I suspect you havent, and once your gearbox has its clutches relearnt, all will be well.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah had the optimisation.

First real time the car has been started in the cold so initially thought it was that.

Defo gearbox, will see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
mmm interesting...

keep us posted as to whether it happens again..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts