GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered an Evo 6 one for £150. Think it's worth putting on my R32 GTSt? I'm only after 350bhp from the motor so it doesn't need to be a muther hubbing massive one. I've heard Evo I/C's are very good. Anyone know for sure?

James

·
Registered
961 Posts
what engine u got
2 tubos
or 1 turbo

·
Registered
720 Posts
Anythings better then the standard wing mounted intercooler. Am I correct in thinking the EVO 6 intercooler is 300 by 3??mm?. If so your probaly have to remove the viscous fan, move the radiater closer to the engine and put the intercooler in front of the radiater. You'd have to put an electric fan on the radiater, to replace the viscous fan you have removed.

Pipework maybe tricky, depends where the pipes come out on the EVO intercooler.

Hope this is of some help.

Jason.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've got one on my 200sx and they are very good. They flow a lot of air. Also don't believe in this moving the radiator thing. Mine is mounted in the front bumper on my car. I should think this also possible on a skyline since 1) they do it in GTRs and 2) the layout of a 200sx is very similar to a skyline. You just need to remove the front bumper find suitable mounting points and then plumb the piping in. Then put the bumper back on. Not sure what the air intake on a GTS is like though. Most people with 200sx's move the radiator back and this to me is such a bodged job when it is so easy to front mount it. It also involves moving the fan cowling, which seems a little daft to me as a it was meant to be there and two, it adds safety to the engine bay. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good to me

Also just got offered a GTR intercooler for £100 so I'm not too fussed either way. Fitting won't be a problem at all. I'm fitting a GTR bumper so there will be loads of room. Seen how all the guys in Japan do it. Looks kinda messy because the inlet goes across the engine on GTSt's. Have to curve the pipework so that it goes under the radiator pipework and into the bumper. Should be easy enough though.

Cheers.

James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts