GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered if anybody has had an AP clutch fitted to their 33? If so, what is it like?

They are rated to 369 lbft torque so should be OK for mine at the moment.

Thanks.

Peter.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ask Jamie - his 33 has one fitted - PM him
he must have missed thread (he is a bit
slow)
:D

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
clutch

hi peter what i had in my car was a nismo comp cover with a std skyline center plate my car had 453 bhp and even doing a few drop starts there was no problem and easy to drive not like paddle clutches i got mine from abbey worth a phone call for price

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Phil and Keith. I'll mail Jamie.

The reason for asking was because AP have kindly agreed to let me have one of their clutches to trial. I just wondered what they were like before fitting it. I'll fit it and let you all know... :)

Peter.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Clutch

Hi Keith,

That's what I have in my R34; Nismo comp cover with a standard Skyline center plate.

Cheers

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're in the market for a new clutch, want one which is a higher spec and one that will cope with more torque than the stock item, you could do a whole lot worse than an AP Racing clutch. It's barely more expensive than the stock item but performs so much better. It's much more positive and was fitted by my local Nissan dealer for £180. The part No. is CP2000-21.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Dino,

Yes! It's firmer and the bite point is fairly low down. I'm told that this will come up slightly as it wears. There's little difference as far as driving in traffic is concerned. The take up is quick but not on/off as I've heard some clutches are.

Peter.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Feel my clutch

Peter,

I’ve just got my car back from a local Nissan dealer where they fitted an AP Racing clutch kit for me. :) It took them 2 weeks to do the job though. :rolleyes:

The clutch has a typical Italian feel to it. That is very firm but progressive feel to it. ;)

I can still live with it in traffic and the couple of 3000 rpm dumps I tried on Sunday it bit straight of the line as it where. I’ll try some higher power take offs when it’s bedded in a bit more. :)

Love it so far. :cool:

Paul.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Paul,

Glad you agree! It seems a good piece of kit reasonably priced. Two weeks to fit...:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts