GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running this combo? My fronts are shot so I'm weighing this up or the Alcon and Cosworth set up, anyone runnig either or having run both with an opinion either way would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
I'm running APs and Pagids, they work very well together. I did several stops from over 180mph at the 30-130 day at Marham and they were really strong. No juddering afterwards just some slight discoloration of the discs which cleared after a few days normal day to day runnning. Only negative point is a bit of squealing from the pads at low speeds.
Best place to buy the discs is Tim at Circuit Supplies, tel. 01525 385888 and Jamie at Evotune does the Pagid pads at a good price.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Never used Carbotech, always used Ferodo 2500 in my Evo so can't really comment. I'm sure if you contact Ian at Carbotech he can give you an idea of suitable compounds for the GTR or were you thinking of trying Pagids in the Evo? I think Ross is now selling quite a lot of Pagids for the Evo fitment and Jamie at Evotune would also have an idea of suitability.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Evo has gone should pick my GTR up next week.
I like the xp8 can live with the squeal etc it's just the dust is a mare was wondering what the pagid equivalent was and if they dust less.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I will be in the same boat soon. I.e. disks and pads needed to replace stock. I think I am sold on the Pagids.
Barry, why did you go for the AP's as opposed to say Alcon?

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
I will be in the same boat soon. I.e. disks and pads needed to replace stock. I think I am sold on the Pagids.
Barry, why did you go for the AP's as opposed to say Alcon?
They were put on the car by the previous owner approx three weeks before I bought the car.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Guys, you should to try new Alcon 396 mm discs, you won't be disappointed

·
Registered
457 Posts
I fitted the discs and pads to Barry's car before he bought it.

After fitting Carbotech xp10 to pf discs on my new Gtr, I would say IMO the Carbotech pads just edge the pagids.

Everyone is different, and has differing feel and requirements.
I just find the Carbotech more bitey and not so vague. The pagids stopped and stopped well but I just prefer the Carbotech.

If however you use the Gtr as a daily commuter then the xp might squeal. They need a good workout every now and then to stop this.

Whichever you choose will be up to the task :thumbsup:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Depends where it's use will be. But Ian @ Carbotech will advise you best.

I'm running xp10 all round., but I don't use mine daily

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I've just fitted Bendix Titaniumetallic pads all round, bedded them in tonight and they feel fine so far, pretty much the same feel as stock and that's all I'm looking for, and for £165 that's a reasonable price. Will report more after a few hard drives if anyone's interested, but I get the impression that many GT-R owners don't like 'less expensive' parts. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts