GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little help, fitted a new AP kit to the front of my car 4 month ago bedded in the pad ect as per instruction using the AP pads.
All fine for road use took the car on track did a warm up lap getting everything up to temperature all OK.
After warmed up started to push the car and I'm getting a tremendous amount of steering wheel juddering to a point where its undrive able.
Its to a point where its scary.

Any help much appreciated 馃檹

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That can be caused by pad deposits on the disc.
Have you done a few hard stops since experiencing the judder?

What pads are you running?
Yes, a very very slight vibration. But nothing like if a was on track. Its like when they get hot its awful. Feels like the steering wheel going to fall off. Ferodo DS2500 are the pads the kit comes with.

Registered
Yes, a very very slight vibration. But nothing like if a was on track. Its like when they get hot its awful. Feels like the steering wheel going to fall off. Ferodo DS2500 are the pads the kit comes with.
If there's buildup on the discs you can experience vibration like that. A few hard stops usually cleans it up.

Could try another compound, Mintex F6R compound is recommended by a well known tuner.
Pagid do pads too, RSL29 and RSL1 but they're very expensive.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you check for disc run out after fitting? Hubs need to be very clean before bolting discs and bells.
I believe the Garage would have checked it was all clean. I think I will strip down and check.
Its just on track that's the problem, after a lap it's awful. I know on track it will show up the problem more. I've still the standard set up on the rear which I now going to replace. Could it be something to do with that?

Vendor
It may have been clean upon fitment but quite possibly something is out now.

Rear of wheel
Both sides of bell
Drive flange
Both sides of pad
Calipers

All areas I'd be cleaning and checking.
I have a Franklin manufactured tool for cleaning around the studs too.

Keep us posted

Registered
Could be the initial deposits left on the disc by new pads, or it could be a warped rotor, this does happen even with the best of quality products.
Clean up the discs, do the re-bed process and push on hard afterwards, see if the issue comes back, if the disc is warped at all then this will not go away, I fitted some 2500's to my original set up, and they left quite a lot of deposit initially, now after a few hundred miles they are much better and the discs are cleaner than when I fitted them originally.
As skint says though - clean everything up - and don't ever assume garages do the little things we would do.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bet it鈥檚 the DS2500 also, on track for a GTR I don鈥檛 think they鈥檙e up to the task. Even RS29 on my Superkit start to go off a bit. RSL1 next I think.
Could be, never been a big fan of the DS2500. But it is what came with the kit.
I wanted to get some RSL29 but apparently they don't make them for the AP radical caliper.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts