GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now fitted the Apexi avc-r to my car, it looks good and seems to be holding a nice steady boost.

one nice side effect was the speed jumper conversion I have makes it also read the speed in MPH.

Thanks to Abbey and Peter E for your guidance in fitting it.

Now I just need to work out how to turn up the boost a bit....

any one got one of these and managed to increase the boost ?
The instructions are absolute shite.

cheers
Steve

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Alan,

Got that, but I have the unit set to slightly higher than std levels but I don't want to overboost...

Just wondering what duty cycle and boost levels other avc-r users might be set to for stock turbos.

thanks.

Steve

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Steve,

I have one of these and found that the best way to set the duty was to simply up the req'd boost setting by about 0.1bar at a time and leave it for a while to self learn the new duty setting. This way you have less risk of getting a sudden overboost as I did with my new turbos and the old duty setting, went to 1.7bar instead of 1.2bar.

I used to run 1bar for everyday use on my old ceramic turbos, but did run 1.2bar for 1/4mile stuff (however 1.2bar is not recommended on ceramic turbos).

From memory I think the duty setting for 1bar was around 35-40 and for 1.2bar it was around 50-55, but if you are doing it manually only up the duty a couple of points at a time.

Mike.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike,

Thanks for your reply,

Do you remember how to get it to self learn ? I have tried putting it into self learn mode but must have done something wrong..

The instructions were particulary vague when it comes to changing the factory (controller) settings.

cheers
steve

·
Registered
166 Posts
If I remember correctly you can sometimes get it back into self learn mode if you go into the boost/duty setting screen, see if there are *** where the duty setting is, then go into the duty setting and check that the duty is the same at all rpm points, adjust if necessary. If the duty is the same across the board and the overall duty setting still has *** then it should be in self learn mode.
When I had mine fitted I was told that once it goes out of learn mode it can be difficult to get back in and the best way to do this is to do a complete reset of the unit from the menu.

If you are going to Billing or 10 of the best we can go through all the settings on mine as there are numerous other general settings which can be changed to affect the self learn function ?

Mike

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would have been great but can't make it up to biulling I'm afraid.

you have given me enough to go away with for now though. thanks.. If I get it sussed I'll write a little how to post so that others don't have the same troubles..

/Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts