GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought a car and its a bit quick, only to find that more mods than expected have taken place ? Well I have just fitted a PFC, the looked at the many confusing posts about boost control. Short story looks like my car already has an Apexi sol "T" ed off from the turbo actuators and then off around to the standard boost valve. Thing is the electrical connection is unpluged , soooo i was woundering, according to the info i have I should be able to plug this sol straight into the Power FC and have boost control ?? Right ! ?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I think I know what you're talking about, but I'm not sure. You think that the harness is in the car, with the solenoid removed? What about the sensor?

If so, then yes, you're correct. I can take some pictures in a few days when I get home if you want.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fitted the bost sol as my power fc is the old version with the 3 wire output, so disconnected stsndard sol and then the existing wiring harness plugs into the new Apexi sol. I have then added the delfi pressure, and the Apexi sensor.

Took it out and at .800 on the power fc hit 1 bar, red lights and 100 Knock. puled the bosst back to 0.700 and decreased the duty to 24, Knock is about 20.

Not much more I can do until Map and extras fitted.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I'm curious about this - as far as I can see, the PFC boost control kit is just a solenoid, a map sensor (3bar?) and some wires. At their price (nearly NZ$600) for the kit, I could do it myself a heck of a lot cheaper with parts and a soldering iron! Keep us posted, and if anyone has a wiring diagram for the PFC BCK - that would be Christmas!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
more interested in the 3-bar map sensor - despite everyones claims, I cannot find anyone who'll source one for me!! The solenoids are cheap and plentiful.

However, how much do you want for yours Kismet? pick a currency that suits you (i.e. USD, euro, pounds et

Also, can anyone supply a photo of the factory boost solenoid plug - mine has aftermarket boost controller so I suspect the factory plug is just hiding in the engine bay....

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The Map Sensor is an off the shelf Denso item as far as I know.. I thought I bought a boost control kit some weeks ago from someone off here, but he never answered my PM's anymore. I must have that Denso Part number somewhere though... I can remember that they were asking about 90 Euro's for that..

Marc

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
yeah, Denso part number is DSP-310-2000A or 949940-6270 and is a standard(ish) 5v 3-bar (including atmospheric) MAP sensor. you can also use the GM or Delco MAP sensor (part number 1604-0749) - for around US$60 - but I can't find anyone who can supply the Denso part!! :(

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The whole PFC boost control is a bit on the slow side, I think I would rather stick to sep control, instead of the PFC doing all the work. My PFC is a denso map, and Apexi sol, i just unpluged the boost control plug from the sensor on the wing and the Sol has the mate for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts