GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me i have a power fc boost controller #415-a001 and i want to know is i can buy the avcr boost controller without the solenoid valve as i have been told they use the same solenoid and will it be a case of putting a supply to it and just plugging it in ,any info please.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
it's a bit more but you'll be miles better off getting the Power FC and having everything in one tidy package...

·
Registered
234 Posts
you cant get the avcr without the solenoid valve the valve is cheap any way its the avcr thets the expensive .ive used both and the avcr is definately superior .If your on a buget and like simplicity stick to the pfc if you like gadgets an blue lights get the avcr but be warned it requires wiring into ecu for speed reading,revs and injector dutycycle...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your replies i wanted a way of switching high to low boost at the press of a button i dont even know if the avcr does this or not or the power fc i do know that the profec b does

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You get two boost levels on the AVC-R and four when using the apexi boost control via the PFC.

The AVC-R does better boost control and has more features IMHO.....

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Depends what you want from the boost controller! If you want boost Vs RPM and gear based offsets than get an AVC-R. If your running standardish turbo`s and `normal` boost- probably not worth it. The `extra` button mentioned above is to select scramble boost not change steady-state boost levels. You need to change setting on the head unit for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts