GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if all Apexi ECU hand controllers are the same size ?????? EG R34 is the same controller required for say........WRX ????? Of course assuming they've both got Power FC ECU's ???

And if they are all the same, does someone have some detailed dimensions ????

I'm waiting for my ECU to arrive and am trying to figure out how I can mount it and get it sorted before it arrives.

Cheers
Fraser

·
Registered
248 Posts
Have been told the Nokia 6210 car holder does the trick ;)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I want the dimensions of is the handcontroller. I have seen a few in cars and people just have them loose in the car etc, but I'm going to mount mine into the dash.

I've got a company that can recreate the brushed aluminium finish of the centre console and so we can mount it in there, but I need to know sizes. depth, height, width etc for the hand controller not the ECU.

Cheers
Fraser

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'll happily measure mine when I get it back in 10 days or so M8

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steady on .............this is a public forum !! :eek: :eek:

Just kidding. That will be appreciated.

I thought there would be quite a few people out there with these, but haven't had hardly any responses !!

Thanks for the help
Fraser

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Fraser,

I'll gladly measure mine tomorrow if you want but surely you'll need the actual one to make sure you get the aperture spot on...?

Just a word of warning though, if you intend using it for tuning, you'll need to be able to hold it. It's painful enough altering settings, it would be even more tedious if you had to do it with the Commander in a fixed position between the two front seats, imho anyway.

Let me know...

Peter.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be waiting for my actual one to turn up before I actually have anything made, but knowing the size will give me a good idea as to where I can or can't fit it.

Thanks for the tip Peter re tuning...........I'll make sure it's not too hard to remove. I don't intend to use it for tuning all the time, once it's setup it won't really get used other than to change boost limits.

If you could get those measurements it would be great.

Cheers
Fraser

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Scott J Davies said:
Have been told the Nokia 6210 car holder does the trick ;)
Can you confirm this? I was going to fix mine to the dash with strong double sided tape, but if a holder does the trick.. :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on fella's, someones gotta have one of these hand controllers they can measure for me !!

Here's hoping ! :)

Fraser

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Fraser,

The unit is 131mm high, 81mm wide at the top narrowing to 49mm at the bottom. The top (screen part) is 60mm high and the keypad section at the bottom is 71mm high (131 - 60). It is 17mm thick.

HTH.

Peter.

BTW, Durzel, the Commander comes with a strip of strong Velcro which you can fix to the dash. It holds it very well and allows the handset to be pulled of for ease of use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts