GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big fan of Apexi kit and was going to base my mods around thier kit. However have been advised by someone whom I trust implicitly that the Hyper is the way forward rather than the N1.

Does anybody have either of these zorsts and can they share their opinions pls.

Thanks SJD

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Scott,

Will you be doing any track days? I don't know how loud the N1 is but the Hyper is LOUD....

Peter.

BTW, what happened to the site for the s/w, etc.?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Peter

I will be doing track action etc.

The site has expanded into something more than I originally planned.

Watch for : www.quickspeed.com

Any other views??

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
HKS Hiper

apparantly is the one to go for according to a few people in the know !

As to the noise levels Peter mentioned there is a muting pipe that ,as you probably know , can be added to quiten things down . They cost an extra £40 or so .

I got black flagged at Bedford using a Hiper , but after using the muting pipe ,all was fine . :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah black flagged at all of my bedford outings :)

Just lift off in the right places I think :)

Have been told hyper the way to go but I just love the N1 TI.

Paul is that a Hyper on your R34 now??

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Yup

Sure is .

It's probably one of the loudest I've heard !

What do you mean by lifting off ? I drive a Skyline man...........:D :p

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Yup

Sure is .

It's probably one of the loudest I've heard !

What do you mean by lifting off ? I drive a Skyline man...........:D :p

Ian N1 did say that at the corner with the mike sensor at Bedford ,you automatically lift off and hence won't get black flagged for exceeding the noise limits . I did not lift off for some reason . Maybe I drive a little faster than him ...............

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Paul....

Are you referring to my rather tame test drive on Saturday? It may have been a little reserved but I really didn't know the road at all and there were a fair few 30 MPH merchants on the road to.

As I dig into my excuse bag...Oh yes and the brakes weren't bedded in yet! After all that money spent I didn't fancy taking what would be left of my car home in a carrier bag!

That all okay? :p

Scott I am looking at this Blitz Nur exhaust with its baffle, it comes out at a slight angle like the HKS. we could see whats available for a group buy may be. I don't know of any road going cars with the Appexi N1 pipe but could be interested if the results are good.

...Ian

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ian

You always drive like that you skirt;)

Paul

Your not much easier mind you it was the skirt mans car :p

N1 Man

I would like to go Apexi its the difficulty of getting them quickly though and Hypers are meant to be better.

SJD

PS looks like were definatley going in the rover now :)

Wasur

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4 weeks for an Hyper thus I am now going to have a N1 not the Ti shame but it is mega expensive!

Apparently its even louder than Hyper!!!

:):)

·
Registered
171 Posts
i know that in Hong Kong and Japan a lot of ppl use the Apexi N1. My friend has a hyper Muffler on his scooby and it is really loud. Personally i wouldnt really care bout sound but concentrate more on performance.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Sound

Agreed Ryan .

However loud exhaust like the Hiper do tend to get somewhat tiresome whilst cruising on motorways ! But hey,that's why we have a volume knob on the car stereos ! ;) :D

Scott.

Had your zorst on yet ?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Wusses... you're all wusses. :p

The louder the better!!

Simon - Who was informed he was the loudest car at Elvington yesterday. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
i aint a wuss, wot is the point of having a loud car which cant GO, i mean the Apexi sounds quiet at normal speeds but when the right foot goes down a lot it is quite loud. whereas the Hyper is just loud the whole time and pretty much the same sound.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Yeah !

So there Mr Loud Part of The Time Simon !:D :p

If I recall when I had a spin in your wickedly fast car ,it was relatively quite.I heard a special centre section was made to quiten it down a bit ,hence it's even quiter than it should be !;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ryan,

I don't really think you'll notice the power difference between two cat-free performance exhausts. If there is any difference at all it'll only be 2/3bhp, differing weather conditions can alter it more than this. So you might as well go for what sounds the best. :D

Paul,

Was this before the dual dragger was replaced by the Hiper? I don't know anything about an additional silencer.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He he he

I agree all mods I do are perfromance based nothing to do with asthetics or nosie. ETC. Simon I have driven your car quick yes loud oh yes nice balance though.

I was informed though that the new Hypers were quiter due a rethink on the back box design.

My N1 should be here soon along with a Nismo short throw and some excellent redline line heavy duty shockproof gear oil to sort the agricultural box out :)

SJD

Paul got your turbos yet ;)

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Scott,
I have a Hyper Muffler on my R32, and all I can say is its not loud, as I was at Oulton park yesturday and they had no problem with it. Its nothing like the Nur Spec Blitz, and you can get a silencer for the tail pipe that adds very little restriction unlike the Blitz 50mm pipe. Its only marginally louder than the Super Dragger, but give better power gains for sub 500 bhp cars.
As for scoobys, yes they are loud on them but anything is, it the flat 4 you see.

HKS have also insured that there is no cabin resanence that tends to acure at around motorway speeds on some exhausts, creating a tiring drone.

I would highly recomend them to anyone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts