GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to install mine, which will be straightforward with the included harness, but the only wire in question is the O2 sensor wire. Splicing it into the ECU loom is no sweat, but the instructions specifically cite the BNR32 (my car) as one where the "estimated A/F ration won't work due to titanium O2 sensors". Is this true and I shouldn't even bother with wiring the O2 sensor, or have people gotten theirs to work. If I just connect this wire to a wideband Bosch O2 sensor, then will the readings become reliably accurate?

Also, just in case anyone knows, if I send the Bosch wideband O2 signal to a Greddy A/F gauge, will it increase the accuracy of that unit as well?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
while we're at it, where are my bloody O2 sensors on my R32 GTR?? Is there one or two? Quite easy to see on my R32 GTS-T - right there on the downpipe, easy to see and reach. But haven't found it (or them) on my GTR...

Will my Apexi Power FC work if I replace the factory O2 sensors with wideband units?

·
Registered
449 Posts
You can't just replace narrowband 02 sensors with a wideband one. You will also need the associated circuitry to drive the wideband sensor, which is completely different from the standard O2 sensor. So you will need an ECU that specifically supports wideband 02 sensors such as the AEM unit. The standard ECU or Apexi PowerFC can not use wideband sensors.

As for the turbo timer, the narrowband sensors on the R32 are a titania type and these do not output the same type of signal that the turbo timer is expecting. i.e. a voltage from 0-1.

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.