GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have had my car done to stage 4.25 was told by the company i will get a minimum of 630-640 bhp 650R stands for race fuel i know
but that was what i was told and after having it done put it on dyno
1st run 587bhp
2nd run 560 bhp
3rd run 562 bhp

mods are
downpipes
full 4 inch unsilenced 102mm svm exhaust system
ansu 1100cc injectors
76mm maf pipes with K&N filters
Ecutek

2011 GT-R standard 530Bhp

am i missing something here ? basically i paid £5600
plus fuel and all that very close to £6000 for 40bhp

been told i can only get 600bhp max now after dyno'd and proved I'm no where near in fact 70bhp away from the quoted 630bhp

?????

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Might want a word with the company, no idea why they would promise an actual figure?

Have you got it set on highest boost?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might want a word with the company, no idea why they would promise an actual figure?

Have you got it set on highest boost?
guy is on holiday for a week
yes its on max boost

i not saying who it is atm wanna see what happens and how they deal with it if i get no luck and don't get the service from them i will name and shame as its the same power as stage 1

nearly £6k for 40bhp is a joke!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
always is buddy thats what i don't understand
I'd be driving it back and asking a couple of questions then.

Also, what mode was the dyno done in? I've had my dynoed at 628, 635 and 638bhp in Shoot44. Then in another mode (I forget which) I barely cracked 600.

·
Following EJH#25
6,840 Posts
I don't know the dyno but it's normal to run in the gear closest to 1:1 ratio - if not and the dyno uses acceleration as a parameter then you're affecting the resulting calculation.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Sam you know im working with you here on this, i sent you a revised map with higher boost, i had left boost at 1.25bar but on your say so i have increased slightly. safety is priority.

you didn't dyno stock for actually before and after right ? also don't compare different dyno's, as too many variables.

I said 600-620hp is the approx max efficiency on stock turbo

also as i explained to albert, R-mode on suspension is our advance traction mode so dont leave that on dyno.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sam you know im working with you here on this, i sent you a revised map with higher boost, i had left boost at 1.25bar but on your say so i have increased slightly. safety is priority.

you didn't dyno stock for actually before and after right ? also don't compare different dyno's, as too many variables.

I said 600-620hp is the approx max efficiency on stock turbo

also as i explained to albert, R-mode on suspension is our advance traction mode so dont leave that on dyno.
I know that Ben soon as the cable arrives we can get to work on it
I'm just asking other forum members opinions that's all
I'm happy with 620-630

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know that Ben soon as the cable arrives we can get to work on it
I'm just asking other forum members opinions that's all
I'm happy with 620-630
560-587hp don't add up to your mods let's see the result once new map is uploaded then dyno it again and we'll take it from there depending on results!!!

No way a stage1 2009 r35 with 50k on the clock stick with your 2011 stage 4.25 with 15k on clock all 8runs and I know your a driver and we both know our mates is a stage 1 and yes your right it is a joke!!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
I hate all the Fly wheel figures they mean nothing and all depends how the figure is calculated ( guessed) Power at the wheels is where the real money is.

ATW is actual power hitting the road. ATF is pub talk.

At the very least the dyno should show both.

Any idea what power it made at the wheels??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts