GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hearing about the GTR's that were turned away today at a half full Ace Cafe because "rules are rules" there is no wonder the GTROC are losing members to the battalion.

Two honda civics in the half empty car park and the R35s had to park outside on the road.

Why can't exceptions be made to keep everyone happy? I certainly won't be renewing my membership after knowing how my friends were treated!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
To be honest I think most owners much prefer the battalion group and sooner or later most if not all will be on there.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
LMFAO Matt - the OC attitude is a joke!

No doubt there will be some 'explanations' from OC members on here shortly.

Before we got there - Charlie had been KICKED OUT of the car park by HIMSELF!!! LOL. Poor guy was the only GTR parked outside until we joined him! The only reason he stuck around was waiting for us!

6 R35's in the car park in total. Hats off to Goldie who was waved through when I was rejected and he REFUSED to go in!!!

The last OC meet of the year - LOL!!! Battalion Xmas Meet should cause some depression!

On a serious note: I totally understand that rules are rules and everyone should stick to them! BUT - the question has to be asked - 'WTF are the OC doing for the marque when the carpark is half empty and they are turning away cars???' NOTHING!

Its just a massive power trip. If the heirarchy cant make a decision on the spot/exceptions - then they need to be voted out! Thats if the OC wants any members or credibility left! Just my honest opinion off course!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
It's indefensible, and I'm a GTROC member.

Go to the GTROC.ORG site and make a formal complaint.

Its just a massive power trip. If the heirarchy cant make a decision on the spot/exceptions - then they need to be voted out! Thats if the OC wants any members or credibility left! Just my honest opinion off course!
There's a vote for positions in a few weeks.

·
Administrator
31,355 Posts
I have nothing to do with the club but I understand it's a stipulation by the owners of Ace that it is members only due to bad behaviour in the past. As I say, I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the clubs attendance is under strict conditions.

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts
Car park was rammed when I got there at one o'clock.
In fairness you are told to put your name on the list or not get in, it's Ace Cafe rules not GTROC.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,009 Posts
In fairness you are told to put your name on the list or not get in, it's Ace Cafe rules not GTROC.
It does say that quite a lot on the GTROC site. It's quite clear.

I've never been to the Ace Cafe but reading this about their rules it does give me the impression that they have a rather inflated opinion of their own self-worth (Ace Cafe, not GTROC).

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts
They are under threat of closure due to bad driving behaviour in the past, so they require names. It's a shame, but it is not in the power of the GTROC to change it. The police have the cafe under surveillance, they can't let people on the off chance. It's always very clear in the instructions.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,009 Posts
They are under threat of closure due to bad driving behaviour in the past, so they require names. It's a shame, but it is not in the power of the GTROC to change it. The police have the cafe under surveillance, they can't let people on the off chance. It's always very clear in the instructions.
I see. As you say, it's very clear on GTROC.

Sounds a bit like VMax - they had to stop people turning up to watch because of cars dicking about at the end of the runway, which is not what you want when cars are braking from 180/190/200 etc. A few people spoil it for everybody else.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Bollox, its not only Ace Cafe rules.. GTROC can let anyone in even if they are not on the list.. And have done several times..

Appalling attitude

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
LMFAO!!!

Firstly,
You can make Heathrow runway look 'rammed' if you want to park 6 cars slap bang in the centre at a 45 degree angle!!! If that was your definition of 'packed' - I'm genuinely lost for words!!!

Secondly,
WTF were 2 Honda's doing in the car park iif that was a 'GTR' event? Were they registered? Does Ace Cafe have those drivers names and address details???

Thirdly,
The issue above has nothing to do with Ace Cafe!!! Lets just accept for a moment that Ace is forcing these details from you - shouldn't the 'FACE' of the club be asking the 'unregistered' atendees for their details THERE AND THEN? Especially if we have turned up in the marque??? Wouldn't that get the club some credibility??? Shouldn't you be enticing the NON MEMBERS to become MEMBERS???? Besides - I was WITH A LONGSTANDING OC MEMBER WHO LITERALLY YELLED OUT CONFIRMING HE WAS WITH ME - vouching for me! But the powers that be were not to be swayed!!! Goldie even parked outside as a matter of principle!

Truth is - I have been a GTR owner for 6 years now and NEVER have I heard a good thing about the OC!!! More so in recent times - I was told to expect the outcome today but I still hopped along to see for myself! Lol - I wasn't dissappointed!

May I point out that I am a regular at Ace Cafe and attend many events! No event is run like what I saw today! ITS NOT ACE CAFE THAT IS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE BAD ATTITUDE THAT SOME ORGANISERS DISPLAY!

Today was supposed to be a trip for me to see a mixture of GTRs and maybe the OC could have got another member (it was my first OC event). But good luck exercising your egos! Lol.

Anyway - to lighten up the subject a touch - please let me know if any of the 'Powers' at the OC fancy attending a Battalion Event? I will personally make sure you guys are welcomed with open arms (even if it means we upset Macdonalds Rules) and then you can really see what a 'PACKED' car park looks like! :) But please dont forget to bring your badge!!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts
It's not rocket science is it though, it's quite clear you are either a member of the club or you put your name down in advance. You've done neither but are still offended. Well, sorry but I've seen several people not get in over the years for the same reason, you're not the first. Ace have severely tightened up in the last month, they're on their last chance. I'm nothing to do with the organisation btw, I just turned up, having put my name down.

There were approx 25 cars when I was there, five R34 GTRs in the middle. Ace isn't huge, it was busy. I've no idea what Batallion meets are like, but if you forget Ace rules, your club is not welcomed back.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
The two Hondas were there at 9am when I arrived - the marshals & Ace staff could not find the owners. Seems they had parked there to get free parking & buggered off somewhere else for the day. Both were finally gone I think around 2pmish.

For those that felt offended today then I'm genuinely sorry that you feel this way. But let's face it, nothing I say here, or any explanation I give is going to be enough or make everyone 100% happy.

I've run London Meets as well as other vehicle events at the Ace Cafe for going on eight to nine years. Your going to please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. The rules are clear, well documented & apply to everyone who attend our meets and have done for all these years. I attend the Ace regularly too and I don't care how other events are run as if it goes tits up the club or myself are not in the firing line. The management at the Ace are very happy with how the OC organise run our London Meets. The event is not a GTR only event either, it's open to all the heritage from the Pronce cars through to Skylines, Stageas or R35's.

Yes there have been times in then past where our discretion can and has be used and we have let Skylines, Stageas or R35s in that aren't members or haven't sent their details. In the current climate at the Ace we are allowing none.

EDIT - Plus if people were that upset, then why didnt anyone come to speak to me directly about it there and then? Plenty of chance as I was there all day and left around 06:40pm ...

On a side note I'd also like to thank those that donated to our charity event today as well for the Demelza Group / Demelza House which is a hospice for children - thank you.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
I have just read through this thread and I am appalled at the attitude of some and the understanding of others of how events are run. I have organised at least three of the Club’s major events each year for the past few years. When organising an event the Club works within the rules laid down by the owner of the land or premises the event is being held at.

The reason for this is we want to continue using those venues in the future for the benefit of the Members. If we allow a few people to break those rules as they see fit it may lead to the Club falling out with the owners who could then stop the Club attending. This being detrimental to the majority of Members cannot be allowed to happen.

There are of course different attitudes taken by other ‘clubs’ towards owners of property and some are most disrespectful and do nothing but damage the organisations credibility which usually results in the disrespectful ‘club’ being banned from an area.

As some of you already know, the GTROC was run for many years by John Fuggles who ingrained in to the Club the importance of doing things correctly, legally and safely. These principles are as strong today as they ever have been and if anyone thinks that John’s principles are wrong then I believe they should be part of an organisation which is happy to break the law, lose driving licences, storm into areas they are not welcome and generally have disregard for others.

Why can't exceptions be made to keep everyone happy? I certainly won't be renewing my membership after knowing how my friends were treated!
Matt we have known each other for quite some time and I am really sorry to read that you are not happy being a Member of the Club but let’s look at this issue another way. Why should anyone bother putting their details forward to attend a meeting when anyone can just turn up and roll in?? The whole point of ORGANISING a meeting is to have it organised (if the land owner requires this).

Why is it that certain people think they are different to all of the other Members attending an event? Why can’t they be bothered to simply add their name to the attendance list? It really is not very hard to do!!

You ask the question “Why can't exceptions be made to keep everyone happy?” Do you actually believe that the people who have booked their space, then whilst at the event see ‘anyone’’ who turns up being let in being happy about it?? Of course they won’t be, they will wonder why they bothered to put their name forward in the first place. You see, keeping EVERYONE happy is not quite as easy as you imply.

Maybe the answer is not to bother putting names down for an event so the organisers have no idea of how many, if any, might attend? Of course, this could never work, and so we are back to where we started.

LMFAO Matt - the OC attitude is a joke!
No doubt there will be some 'explanations' from OC members on here shortly.
Before we got there - Charlie had been KICKED OUT of the car park by HIMSELF!!! LOL. Poor guy was the only GTR parked outside until we joined him! The only reason he stuck around was waiting for us!

6 R35's in the car park in total. Hats off to Goldie who was waved through when I was rejected and he REFUSED to go in!!!
The last OC meet of the year - LOL!!! Battalion Xmas Meet should cause some depression!
On a serious note: I totally understand that rules are rules and everyone should stick to them! BUT - the question has to be asked - 'WTF are the OC doing for the marque when the carpark is half empty and they are turning away cars???' NOTHING!
I think I covered pretty well everything above however a few bits more;
Why is it that you think the OC attitude is a joke when the Club is doing exactly what the land owner requires? Do you think it would be better to ignore their requirements and have the Club banned? How would this help the Members?

Everyone had plenty of opportunity to put their names down for this meeting, if the people who could not be bothered to make this tiny effort are now upset that they failed to do so, they should not take it out on those who did or those who worked hard organising it. It is a two way thing!!

It's indefensible, and I'm a GTROC member.
Go to the GTROC.ORG site and make a formal complaint.
There's a vote for positions in a few weeks.
And here Ladies and Gentlemen we have one of the individuals who wants to run the Club next year. This shit stirring statement is made for no other reason than to undermine the current Club Board. Johnny you do not attend these small meetings and have no interest in them whatsoever, in fact it is totally clear from everything that has been said by your group that events like Ace Café will not be supported by the Club when you guys get in to power. So yes let’s all vote for you, Roger, etc and get rid of all the small events and just leave the nice expensive ones shall we?

I have nothing to do with the club but I understand it's a stipulation by the owners of Ace that it is members only due to bad behaviour in the past. As I say, I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the clubs attendance is under strict conditions.
Not even a Club Member and understands the situation perfectly. Well done Mook.

GTROC
This is the site to complain on,,
The NEW all shit site that no one goes on,, Tumble weed springs to mind.
GTROC
Goldie
I agree with you Goldie, the new Club Forum/Website has been a disaster for the Club. Thousands of pounds of the Clubs money was in my opinion wasted by the people in control of the Club during 2014. The current Club’s management team put a stop on the spending and should be congratulated for doing so. The only problem is now the old guard, people who ran the Club in 2014 want to take it over again and if they get voted in……………….??? Well you can make up your own mind I am sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.