GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we all know about the idle problems caused by fitting bov's. coming from an evo background over the last few years i probably know as good as anybody about lumpy and irratic idle.

on my last evo i tried the APS duel port valve which basically acts as a recirc valve at low boost and has a second port which acts as a VTA at higher boost, whilst not quite as load as say an HKS the item functioned well and gave no idle problems.

anybody tried these on a GTR? i would guess two would be needed and am not sure if the evo designed item would fit a skyline with regards to outlet diameters and mounting (the evo item has no mounting, it is secured by default by the hoses)

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I think we are probably a bit BOV/Recirc'd out lol. We have been talking about DV valves a lot on here recently.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skyline69_uk said:
I think we are probably a bit BOV/Recirc'd out lol. We have been talking about DV valves a lot on here recently.
thats just the point, the main topic is rough idle with VTAs against smooth idle with recirc.

it is exactly the same with my background from the evo scene. when i tried the aps dual port on my IX idle stayed really stable. thus best of both worlds

1 - 5 of 5 Posts