GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy an ARC BOV from a member of this forum and he has sent me this picture of it fitted to the previous owner's R33 GTR:

Now, i have seen that matt from newera is also selling a 'SET' of ARC BOVs for the R33 GTR. What is the difference ( apart from the obvious ;) )? I am new to the modding scene so am looking for some guidance.
Also, there is a blue hose coming off the end of the BOV and around the side of the rocker - where does it lead to and what does it do?

Many Thanks,

Adam

P.S. My engine is standard except for apexi induction and exhaust.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hey,

Also a newbie so could be wrong but i think the set up in the picture is a single BOV on a hard pipe kit which most of the manufactures have moved over to. The blue hose if im not mistaken is to recirculate the vented boost back rather than dump it?

Anyone correct me if im wrong???

·
Registered
26,781 Posts
there are 2 types

one is a "set" ie 2 which fit in the factory position /replace the re-circ valves in the lower passenger side bumper

ARC also produced this valve, it was produced for the R32 GT-R only not the 33 GT-R

however they "seem" interchangable.

the one above in the pic , (i believe that engine is an R32 GTR engine bay) as it was a previous customers car of ours.

i dont think the R32 / 33 one is interchangeable as its on the hard pipe

the hard pipe kits for 32, 33, and 32 are different (i could be wrong) but many people try and fit a hard pipe intercooler kit form a 32 to a 33 and they dont fit due to the dimensions

if it was 100% fitted to a 33 gtr previously then thats cool, but the pic above is im 99.9% sure is a 32 gtr engine bay

i cant remember the guys user name, but i know he sold the car last year, and was based in colchester.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Blue pipe is 'vacuum' line from manifold, i.e. control line; if pressure in this is higher than in the hard pipe from turbos then valve will open.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts