GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my ARC radiator shroud at a very reasonable price. Its only been on the car for around 2000kms and it is in perfect condition. Shipping is included in the price. Email or PM for info

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
ARC Shroud

Hi Dino

Yeah why are u selling ? Have you gone for the AutoSelect one which I couldn't avoid buying :D ;) .

glen

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Glen...nice to see you are back! As Joss said its his now:) I already ordered the Autoselect one should be here by sunday...
I was thinking about the Mine's one but then the price turned me off....have you fitted yours yet? Remember to put the new badge on first;)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Shrouds

So you've ordered one :smokin: . To be honest I think I got the last one at Fuji and I was keeping an eye on you and your Dad incase you ran off with it :D :D .

I know what you mean about the Mines gear. Expensive or what :rolleyes: . But all said and done well made products but more of a status symbol I believe.

So Joss. Phew you didn't hang around did you :eek: . Will look superb. They had a Nismo front bumper at the show in your colour but with the best will in the world I couldn't have got it back for you. They also had a Bayside Blue V Spec 2 bonnet for sale at 200,000 yen but same problem. Doh.

Haven't fitted either of the items yet Dino but am looking forward to.

Keep well.

glen.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
radiator shroud

hi dcd can you help me with finding a good radiator shroud for a R33 and that clear time belt covers that you put up on the site a while ago.

thanks keith

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glen, Mine's really do make some top quality stuff and they have become know for their quality of products here in J. As you said though it would take more than just a slight appreciation for quality to fork out the 32k yen needed for a carbon radiator shroud! Rediculous!!:eek: Then again does anyone know who makes a carbon prop-shaft for an R34??;)
What really bugged me though....and its usually the small things with me, is that after having forked out a considerable amount of money at Mine's for my modifications, I asked them for a sticker with the Mine's logo to put on my car and they wanted money!! Cheek!! I ended up paying 400 yen at Autobacs for one! That kind of stuff would never happen in Europe...plainly demonstrated by Mark on Friday when after knowing me for 5 minutes gave me a pile of Abbey stickers!! Cheers Mark;)
keith....what are you loking for?? Carbon or titanium?? The ARC one is 15k yen while the MIne's 34 and the big AutoSelect one is 24k. Can't think of any others at teh moment...

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Joss,

The carbon prop shaft weighs about a third of the normal one. This reduction in weight means that the engine has less work to do, and less torque to waist, in spinning the prop shaft. The result is very similar to having a lighter flywheel, revs pile on faster, engine spins more freely ...and the revs drop off quiker too.
The 400Rs had one as standard, and Shin has one fitted to his black r34.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
radiator shroud

the radiator shroud how many parts is there in the kit.
is it just the part i can see on dcd car or does it inc the other bit that goes below that.
ie to replace the std plastic one that is fitted at the moment.

keith

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
AutoSelect Radiator Shroud

Glen / DCD,

Have you got a picture of this shroud and some details of why you are so pleased with it.

I had a look on http://www.autoselect.co.jp/ , it has Skyline stuff on there, but I was not sure if this is the same company?

Thanks

Hugh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts