GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some new front and rear pads...

Currently have DS2500 @ the front and DS2000's at the back, should I stick with this combo or is there something better out there now?

Should add Front brakes are AP6's and rear and standard GTR 33 rears.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I tried Ds2500's about 4 months ago and they are great.

Tony @ abbey advised to stick with the std rear pads as you need to play with the brake balance if you put 2500's all round.

The rear wheels are really light on the ground under hard braking and putting on a set of good rear pads will cause them to lock up thus kicking in the ABS and stopping the brakes from slowing you as efficiantly.

I had no fade at bedford and I did on STD pads. I was also pushing harder as I knew the track a bit better that time.

go for it you won't regret it.

/steve

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Steve Abbey fitted the DS 2000s on the back and I only suffer rear wheel lock up when I mess up my heal toe going hard braking in to the chicane at Goodwood.

A human error! :D :D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
just what they said to me..

I also read somewhere on this board that they were stopping DS2000 production ?

I am trying to learn Heel/Toe methods, it is quite good fun.

I like practising in my company car as it is a pug 306 and the pedals are really close together.

see ya.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heel/Toe

SteveC said:

I like practising in my company car as it is a pug 306 and the pedals are really close together.
Used to do the same in a nice pool 306 I had... Loads of fun, but I once set the brakes on fire :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts