GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as there seems to be loads of threads here id thought id start one.

seeing as the R32-R33-R34 were so successful, are people happy that the new GTR will carry the name onwards and upwards? i know its not a skyline but its a GTR.

the way i look is that although it will never be a Skyline it represents nissans technical capabilities, as did the R32, R33 and finally the R34.

im looking at what the car has to offer and love the technology thats gone into it, the engine, gearbox etc

would love to have a nose about one on a set of ramps.

Greg

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yep I'm happy, Nissan has promised and has been lived up the hypes. Well done Nissan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Happy with the car but unhappy with the price here. Wheels magazine forecasting price of Aus$ 170k, this would equate to nearly $200k on the road.

I can get a 997 for that:chuckle:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Happy with the car but unhappy with the price here. Wheels magazine forecasting price of Aus$ 170k, this would equate to nearly $200k on the road.

This is the whole crux of the issue..... the price.....

I love it, but just with everything in life... there is value for money....

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Shame the "Skyline" name was dropped. All things need to evolve so :thumbsup: to Nissan on producing the new GTR

:D

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Yeah im happy. Not a lot of people outside of Japan and the obvious enthusiast circles know what the GTR is and has been capable of. Maybe people will look into the history and breeding of the new GTR, and realise what has been going on under their noses for a long time, and that its not just an old datsun with a big exhaust :)

IMO Nissan has put the R35 up there with the likes of the 997 and R8.

Cant wait to see EVO's (sometimes slightly Porsche biased) road test, to see what they make of it. A good test would be to put a 32, 33, 34 and 35 together, all with similar power and see what lap times they produce round Tsukuba :thumbsup:

Expect to see lots of wealthy people with no knowledge of the history of the car getting hold of one!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well, the exterior is growing on me. Like it more now compared to when the pics first was unveiled.
I personally would choose something else though if I had the money.
Doesn't look to good tuning wise, but we'll have to see what happens when the tuning companies get their hands on it.

The pricing isn't that bad is it?
I mean the R34GTR sold for £54k in the UK and that was only about 280hp.
This is 200hp more.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
The "Skyline" name lost all it's appeal after Nissan decided in recent years to use it on w4nk cars and water down the image.

The GTR hopefully puts Nissan back on the map, although IMHO it looks like a pig and I'd much rather have a clean R34GTR.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
The GTR hopefully puts Nissan back on the map, although IMHO it looks like a pig and I'd much rather have a clean R34GTR.
I second that !

I do respect the new technology and on paper the new GTR should be a fantastic car, however in my opinion it looks horrible bus and I fear it's going to end up becoming a city boys company car/wagon :(

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Without trying to insult anyone, I really do believe the Skyline image AND GTR image died when the RB26 and R34GTR stopped production.

It is only us, the enthusiast's that keep the Skyline image and brand alive. The new GTR is a remarkable piece of work - it really is - only time will tell if it can keep a place in our hearts like the R31 R32 R33 and R34 did......

So to sum my feelings up....I'm a little sad the GTR isn't more like what we know and love BUT happy Nissan are keeping the name alive and for producing a fine car (apart from the looks).

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Very well put Trev.

I like the new GTR though.
Think the front looks wrong with the silver paintwork though.

The way things are now though, the car had to appeal to a worldwide market.
I think the enthusiasts will take the car to another level though in all honesty performance wise its looking pretty good to me anyway.

·
Registered
157 Posts

September 2008 (when the GT-R hits the UK) my 997 will be for sale!

Having seen the final release, it is definitely going (not that I ever questioned it wouldn't be!)

...Mad

·
Registered
816 Posts
Well i'm happy, the car is growing on me day by day, and you can't please everyone all of the time i guess. I think like old age, we have to accept that times are changing :bawling: . This is in essence a new car and though i will miss the RB's, they will always have a place in my life.

And this car will create a new place in my life and in history, hell we had better make the most of what ever comes along, petrols not growing on trees ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My opinion:
Cons (always the bad first):
No more Skyline name
Looks too much like a luxury sports car or a real sporty sports car than a sporty sedan (an opinion thing)
Most likely will be nowhere near as tunable as the R-32/33/34
More for rich people than car enthusiasts

Pros:
Carries the GT-R name further along history
Beating the 911 Turbo (997) on the Nurburgring? Damn that's good.
450 hp is a lot 'o power for a 70k car that can handle well
It costs 70,000 dollars compared to 120,000+ 911 Turbo
Has some reminscent looks of the R-34

Verdict: Yes, it will undoubtedly be a great car if what they say about it is true. As it will be a 911 turbo beater at nearly half the cost. But it's not a true tuning car, and you won't see any GT-Rs on the Super GT (formerly JGTC) either. So yes, the car is nice, but a R-32/33/34 would be better.

·
Registered
682 Posts
You really should read the posts a little more carefully before making a statment like this:

[QUOTE}Verdict: Yes, it will undoubtedly be a great car if what they say about it is true. As it will be a 911 turbo beater at nearly half the cost. But it's not a true tuning car, and you won't see any GT-Rs on the Super GT (formerly JGTC) either. So yes, the car is nice, but a R-32/33/34 would be better.[/QUOTE]

DCD posted this:

R35 GT-R & Super GT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was very surprised to hear from Gohsn that the new GT-R will go racing straight off in Super GT. Great news!

Hope to see the new race car at Nismo festival as usual.

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
I like the car but price is going to be a factor ,concrete UK prices are what we need . I hope it's not stupidly priced so enthusiasts can at some point afford a used one .

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
The car has grown on me a lot over the past few weeks. At this moment i really want one but i want the hype to die down a bit before i empty my account out. Lets see what it drives like first.....

Gez

1 - 20 of 21 Posts