GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are R34 prices going to tumble now that the R35 has proved to be so good? I've always wanted a 34, should I hold on a bit longer?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
if in 2/3 years they are the same price as an R33 GTR is now i may get one instead....always loved the R33, awesome road presence...but recently i kept getting more and more attracted to the R34 again. in white, or black:)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yes they will...depending on the spec of course...My Nur was $56,000USD+ and most of them are still at that price the Nur specs are.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
A conversation I have with my father regularly....
'Your UK R34GTR is going to be worth diddly squat soon...I'll take it off your hands for 15k '

I don't think the market for uk sourced/tuned R34's is going to crumble...it might slide a bit.

·
R35 Section manager
10,918 Posts
[QUOTE
'Your UK R34GTR is going to be worth diddly squat soon...I'll take it off your hands for 15k '

[/QUOTE]

£16k here:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
376 Posts
If the R34 prices tumbles, does this mean it will have a ripple effect to the
R32 and R33 as well :confused: It will be interesting to see the scene in the next year.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I think the market will compress a bit from the top with R34's coming down a bit to make room for the R35, but the R33 and R32 will slide a lot less.

R34's will still be fairly pricey because they are too young to bring into this country without a SVA.

·
Registered
677 Posts
i don't think the 34 price will fall past wear and milage for this reason:
To get a 34 in the U.K or europe it is a complete nightmare so any one lucky enough to have one registarted in europe will benefit from supply and demand. The ten year rule no longer applies to the 34 as eu regulations now require noise and emmissions from 1999 on cat 2/3 4 and so on, so no more ten year rule. Just my experience with DVLA VOSA and eu regulations.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Just don't understand why the butt ugly R34 kept it prices so high in the first place !!!

R33 Rules and Mo knows it !!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm waiting till 2009 when I can get a nice tuned late 98/99 34 from Japan for about 18k and not have to worry about SVA etc. You can get a nice stage 1 34 with about 40k on it for 18k now in Japan.

Cheers
Ad

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
I cant see them tumbling but they'll no doubt start coming down a bit soon.

I'd rather have a nice 34 then an 35 anyway so it makes no odds to me.....once we dont have to worry about SVA/Model Reports anymore, I'll be asking Miguel to start looking for one for me.

Will still keep the R32, cant see me selling the old girl anytime soon.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Of course they will tumble.
2009 and there will be an influx of cheap 34`s. Expect to see their prices drop in 2010.
Then i`ll buy one, Black i think.:)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Of course they will tumble.
2009 and there will be an influx of cheap 34`s. Expect to see their prices drop in 2010.
Then i`ll buy one, Black i think.:)
Were the 34's made in the same quantities as 32's and 33's?

How many good 34's are actually knocking about in Japan? I thinks someone posted up that a decent one is still quite hard to find in Japan so there aren't going to be 1000's of good examples suddenly flooding into the country in 2009.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,030 Posts
there aren't going to be 1000's of good examples suddenly flooding into the country in 2009.
Who said anything about good examples? It's the dross coming in that has brought down the prices of decent 32/33s.

I believe almost as many R34 GT-Rs were made as R33 GT-Rs. Figures have been posted somewhere mate.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts