GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Im no expert when it comes to wheels and offsets so i said i would ask on here to be certain on a potential new wheel purchase

I sold my last set of rims, ultralite nurburgrings , ET20, these fitted the 34gtr
with no issues.

The new wheels i have in mind are ET35, and from what i have been told is that i will need 25mm spacers.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please

tyres are 265/35/18
9.5J

thanks
Shane

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes mate they will definately need spacers if you want them out near the guards.
Stock R34 GTR wheels are 9 inch wide with a 30 offset. With the wheels you have in mind, you will only be gaining ~1mm outwards on the stock ones which is still well inside the guards.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes but ideally you should try to avoid using spacers all together and get some 10 inch wide wheels with a 10 offset or 10.5 inch wheels with a 12 or 15 offset etc

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
+35 offset is a bit high, it will be similar to factory R34 wheels.
If you previous wheels were +20mm and you liked that then go for +15mm spacers. +25mm will be a bit close to the fenders but doable.
Also, make sure you get quality bolt on spacers, for something this big you do not want to mess around.
As the above poster said, it is always better to buy proper sized wheels from the beginning and avoid using spacers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts