GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read about them on NAGTROC, they're called Dunlop SP 7010 A/S and are apparently very good on the road, not bad on the track and last many times longer than the SP600.

Wondered how they compared price and availability wise with the Bridgestones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Dunlop "Winter Package" tires on my car in USA, as I wanted the Winter Package and drove through Wisconsin winter/snow (least on the nicer days).

They work "fairly good" in light snow, not "Blizzak good" though.
They work very surprisingly well on roadcourse too! I put Panther XP12 brakepads and a midpipe on car, and went to my local 4 mile track Road America (lucky me :)) and the tires and car performed very well.
Since I had no Track Insurance, and the track was damp from rain overnight on this video, I was taking braking zones carefully with some cadence braking in spots; and most corners were at ~ 8/10ths. You can see some dark damp spots even on the video...

Nissan GTR Road America 2:39 Winter Tires - Car Videos on StreetFire

Having said all that, for my first time on track with THIS car, the tires worked very well, as defined by: very even wear across tire face, no chunking or melting; easy behavior at the limit in VDC R mode; linear cornering g's with steering inputs; very little tire noise; and all considered, relatively little tire wear, as compared to my other heavy car (3000GT VR4/GTO with 600+hp, Yoko A048's, Kumho 700's, etc comparison).
Doing 2:39 on Road America in damp conditions on Winter Package/allseason tires, taking it as easy as I must to avoid car damage possibilities, is great!
Considering I now have 12,500 miles on the car and the tires look able to go another 7-10,000 street miles (?)...WOW. I will be back at Road America the first week of October...hoping to wear the tires off enough to justify junking them and getting Blizzaks for winter 2009-10!

Then next year, I will try the stock Dunlop high performance tires, and hope to turn some laptimes :)
IMHO, you would not be a fool to TRY these one tire purchase, see if it fits your performance vs longevity balance...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nissan GTR 2009 Road America 2:30 on Winter Tires - Car Videos on StreetFire

Updated! Got down to a 2:30 laptime on Road America, with the same Winter Package Mud&Snow rated Dunlops, with over 12,000 miles on them, and they look able to go another 5-10,000 miles of street driving. Will probably get Blizzaks for winter this year, but IMHO these tires are a VERY good compromise, and wear like iron...
2:30 is cooking very well at RA; some more experience with car would be in high 2:20's on winter tires.
I am hoping the Summer Dunlops get me to low 2:20's next April...amazing for a real street car on stock tires/rims/shocks etc.

·
Registered
522 Posts
We seem to be limited with tyre choices in the UK for the R35 and with the weather on the turn the Dunlop SP 7010 A/S tyres would be great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts