GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and would potentially be interested in having their cars featured in an upcoming EVO magazine story?

Venue is potentially N Yorks moors next Wed/Thurs (19th/20th March).

Please email me at david.y(AT)auto-journals.com if you're interested as my PM box here is constantly full.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys, yes as standard as it is possible to get in the UK.
Thanks for the tip about Mr RSVFour, I shall PM him forthwith.

There is an outside chance they might not be able to get the Nissan heritage fleet R34, so if anybody here has a completely standard R34, they may be in with a shout of getting in too.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
If Brian can't then maybe I could help?

Only mods you can see are induction kit, rear spoiler lip and exhaust.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If Brian can't then maybe I could help?

Only mods you can see are induction kit, rear spoiler lip and exhaust.
Hi Trev, thanks for the offer. What power and suspension are you running?

Will, I think that might be too ambitious!

Any more standard R33s out there? I've had one email, but he's missing his front splitter.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Yes completely 100% stock 32GTR 65K miles , new oem 32GTR suspension untouched original engine and even has the original exhaust and splitter ( and it is the rarest colour :))

email sent to david

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Hi Trev, thanks for the offer. What power and suspension are you running?

Will, I think that might be too ambitious!

Any more standard R33s out there? I've had one email, but he's missing his front splitter.
Stage 1 power, standard suspension.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes completely 100% stock 32GTR 65K miles , new oem 32GTR suspension untouched original engine and even has the original exhaust and splitter ( and it is the rarest colour :))

email sent to david
Many thanks for that Brian.
We would love to have your car and I'm just chasing final details through with the ed.

I've had one email about an R33 GT-R (thanks, Harry), are there no others?
So many lovely modded ones, but nobody with a standard one?

I have to say of course, I completely understand, my brand V-Spec didn't stay stock long in 1997 :chuckle: , but there must be some purists out there?

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
David, I've never understood why magazines feel the need to always test standard cars (and of course advise us to buy standard cars in buying guides...).

Assuming that this isn't a period piece surely it can be accepted that a reasonable example of what actually exists with some choice mods say stage 1?

I mention this because it's very common in magazines to see references to buying cars with the PPP kit, or X50 upgrades or whatever. Given that R32-34 were designed to be restricted (to meet the agreed power limits) and I assume that Nissan wouldn't have helpfully marked which boost hose to shorten if they didn't expect people to derestrict them...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Only this morning I was catching up on Evo.. I shall genuinely look forward to an R32/33/34 comparison.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So you don't need my car then?
Hi Trev, many thanks for offering, but on this occasion, we're going with Brian's. :thumbsup:

As for standard cars, I thought that would have been obvious, it's a comparison of the different generations of GT-R as they came from the factory.

Once one of them is up on power or has uprated suspension or brakes it skews the comparison completely.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Many thanks for all your help guys, we are going to go with Harry's R33 so are now all sorted!

:bowdown1:

It should make for a great article; a sort of sequel to the group test I wrote many years ago.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
So got back from the two day jaunt to wales for the evo mag article.

Met harry and his black 33 .

Overall the car did 850 km in one and a half days including a fair bit of "spirited testing" over the mountains

The car never missed a beat including the 250 mile drive home in the pouring rain .

Id forgotten how nice it was to drive even long distances . I was particually impressed with the motor especially as the oil pressure gauge was "stuck " on 4 the whole way home at a steady 3000 rpm

As to the days shoot - the roads were unbeleivable . Ive been asked not to post any pics as the GTR article will be out in EVO in about 5 weeks time.
The two testers were really impressive (understatement) the speeds they managed in poring rain were quite something. I went out with Mauro in my car and I now realise the car is MUCH quicker than me.

As to the tests they seem to like the 32 so hopefully it will get a good write up.

And just for the record Im even more attached to the car than I was before the trip.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts