1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
give us a review bud, if they better than mpss i will have a set

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I spoke with Camskill on the 24th January. The rears weren't then in stock, but I was told that Dunlop's are only made in small batches and they go to Nissan first. They didn't know when the next supply of rears were to arrive. All orders have to be done online, not phone, so I will need to just order them.

I checked again on the 31st January, found them (front and rear) listed as in stock, and ordered them.

I am due delivery shortly but I've certainly been led to believe these are the correct tyres.

Watch this space.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I posted this on another thread, but if anyone's interested...

Another ridiculous thing to be aware of is that in the owner's manual Nissan state...

"Use DUNLOP SP SPORT MAXX GT 600 DSST CTT tyres for 2012 and 2011 models Nissan GT-R.

DUNLOP SP SPORT 600 DSST tyres and any BRIDGESTONE tyres (except for winter tyres) cannot be used."

So if it doesn't say CTT I'm guessing it's not exactly the same tyre as NHPC's have the monopoly on, not that it makes a blind bit of difference in the real world.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spoke to camskill today

He said that the tyres were never exclusive to Nissan but what nissan did was back order a ridiculous about and as they are made in very low volume stopped anyone else from bring able to get stock.

But since dunlop/Goodyear are pissed that nissan aren't shifting the stock they have and are refusing anymore thus not honouring the deal Dunlop/Goodyear will now supply tyre suppliers.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
That doesn't really make sense to me. If I was Nissan I wouldn't back order thousands of tyres that aren't going to sell and will have to be thrown away when they're 3 years old on the shelf. If I was Dunlop I would supply other outlets anyway.

Sounds like that's the story though. I still reckon it's a different tyre, but NHPC's won't care anyway with regard to warranty claims from what I've seen (contrary to the owners manual) so no real issue.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think Nissan thought that people would pay for them I know the guy I bought the car from had a set nearly every optimisation service
But he must have been the exception.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I think Nissan thought that people would pay for them I know the guy I bought the car from had a set nearly every optimisation service
But he must have been the exception.
Plus insanely rich!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
CTT ?

I posted this on another thread, but if anyone's interested...

Another ridiculous thing to be aware of is that in the owner's manual Nissan state...

"Use DUNLOP SP SPORT MAXX GT 600 DSST CTT tyres for 2012 and 2011 models Nissan GT-R.

DUNLOP SP SPORT 600 DSST tyres and any BRIDGESTONE tyres (except for winter tyres) cannot be used."

So if it doesn't say CTT I'm guessing it's not exactly the same tyre as NHPC's have the monopoly on, not that it makes a blind bit of difference in the real world.
The tyres which don't have CTT on may be for the 2009 / 2010 cars ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've just called a local HPC Westway in Oxford to enquire about the cost to fit own supplied tyres. £288 +VAT & thats no typo!
How can this be?
Does anyone know of anywhere else who are capable of not damaging the alloy whilst not ripping me off? I'm based in Aylesbury.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
It's probably a bit too far for you Ben, but ProjexDesign in Clevedon (M5 J20 south of Bristol) fitted me 4 stock Dunlops on Friday for £72. You just order the tyres online and have them delivered to Projex. Took about an hour and they did a good job, although over inflated the tyres.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cheers Trev.
I've ordered from camskill £1214 delivered. Shipping to Litchfields and will have them fitted at my next visit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts