GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep hearing about the skylines of keith cowie and mick begley .are these 2 cars unrivalled in the uk or are there others like the one from dcy in yorkshire .also what would be the result on a 2 mile straight on a dry track with either of the big 2 against the bugatti veyron or ferrari enzo ?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Are you serious? :D

The Bugatti and Enzo don't stand a change! Completely wiped ;)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
id say theres road skylines on here that would have no trouble!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Pretty sure Veyrons are supposed to be able to do the standing 1/4 in high 9s at around the 140mph area on a good run

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
they are SILLY quick., but not every day cars mind.. not that the veyron is either - costs ££££££££££`s.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
9.8! Thats quick. Yes begley/rips/cowei/tr/ludders are quicker by far but the buggati SHOULD be more reliable. Thats why it cost so much. Because it can preform all day long. (or so we are all lead to belive)

But take into account that these guys are doing it but faster with a nissan is some mighty pround achivement.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
infact lets say we land with a skyline a million quid to spend and give the money and the car to TR RACING or RIPS. I would guess for that money you would have a stupid daft quick car that would run all day every day with no problems.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
... but the buggati SHOULD be more reliable. ...
Quote from Evo mag:

"The first Service on a Veyron costs £13,645 – and then they get more expensive. Bugatti says the bulk of the cost is labour £6000 which includes the checking of the many and complex systems on the car. Then there’s the monumental cost of replacing the Veyron’s bespoke tyres, something Bugatti insists is done every 2500 miles. They cost £6325 each and to make matters worse only Bugatti can fit them. Also all 4 wheels need to be replaced every third tyre change ( after 7500 miles tops ) and that will set you back £29,900. At least you get a 2 year warranty with a Veyron but if you want to extend it then you’ll be asked for an extra £38,000 for a year or £63,000 for 2 years. Just 4 years of ownership, 3000 miles and £275k of depreciation would cost £38.51 per mile."

I'm sure that spending that would also make a GTR reliable, i.e. you could replace/refresh quite a lot with that budget. :D

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
The veyron wouldn't win over the 1/4 against Micks, my 240z, JB's R33 etc but it would easily win over 2 miles as our cars are not designed to run over about 180-190mph due to gearing etc.

TRs or Ludders would have a better shot at it as they are but probably still wouldn't have the rpm/legs/aero to beat the Veyron in a 2 mile run as they are.

Also, don't confuse "quick" and "fast" they are 2 completely different things, one relates to time, the other to speed.

The Veyron is reasonably quick but extreemly fast given time to wind up, where as our cars are extreemly quick and not really so fast as far as top speeds go.

Rob

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
as topgear proved, the maclaren F1 is quicker than the veyron, but the veyron is faster!!! if that clears up Robs point bout "quick" and "fast"

as for ploughing a million into certain tuners, id say for £100000k if i couldnt make a Skyline quicker and faster than a veyron then you got issues!!! and im sure there would be enough left for a KFC:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Fast IMHO is utterly pointless unless your commute takes you across the Bonneville salt flats every day. Most 200mph cars hit about 160-170...then take ages and a couple miles of straight road to get in the rest. As far as I'm concerned those are 170mph cars...whatever point your car stops pulling and you're adding mph at the rate of continental drift that's your real world top speed. So most Skylines run quite fast as well since they are so quick to hit 170-180mph.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Rob made his post at 10:03am NZ time, its almost 11o'clock in the morning here and I am looking forward to lunch :)

Aerodynamics start really having a negative effect on Skylines and other "quick" cars - the Veyron and McLaren adjust their aerodynamic profile at speed if I remember rightly, when talking over 300kph it starts becoming a case of whether you want to have your cake or eat it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Whats the point to this thread???????

Road car is a road car
Drag car is a drag car.

2 completely different things.You dont compare to completely differant things to each other.

End of.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts