GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
A Greed

Supply and demand. Don't you just hate it and it's not going to change!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
would love to agree, but the thing is, because its a Skyline things are gonna be a high price....if it was a peugeot and there were zillions of the cars the price is obviously gonna be lower....what would you rather, zillions of Skylines and no prestige/rarity with the car....or pay a little bit more and retain exclusivity??? just grin and bear it mate....I have to after finding out the hard way!!:D

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
its a pain... :) as soon as you tell someone you have a skyline, you get jelousy tax added to the cost, this can vary between 100% - 500% over the price of any normal parts...

people assume that everyone that owns a skyline is minted! and so adjust costs accordingly!

I dont like it, but then, if i wanted cheap parts, low insurance, and zero paranoia when parked, id have bought a Ford!

if you like nice things, you have to pay nice things prices!

noone likes it, but everyone has to put up with it...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If other people want to pay these prices that is there call, it don't mean that everyone has to put up with it.
Anyway I expect it is a generic part that probably came on 200SX's, ZX's, Silvias or other Nissan cars of the era. I think a visit to the local scrapyard will be on the cards.
My toys are back in my pram now ;)
G

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
why dont you look in the scrappers section in the auto trader, I have found loadsa things in the past in there and they do get imports in these places to, its just a case of looking.....hope you find your bit...cheap!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Some one once told me..."no matter what you are having done on your Skyline, allow a grand!!!!"

Dont worry about the toys, mine are always out of my pram, especialy after talking to the garage!!!

Rich

·
Registered
6 Posts
RIP OFF PRICES

IN REPLY TO ME BEING A RIP OFF
THE PART I WAS SELLING WAS A COMPLETE AIR VENT!
NISSAN PRICE £44+VAT
SO £25 I THOUGHT WAS A RESONABLE PRICE!!!
I THINK SOME PEOPLE SHOULD GET OUT A BIT MORE AND NOT SPEND TO MUCH TIME POSTING INACCURATE RUBBISH!!!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Sounds reasonable to me RK ... I have the "pleasure" of working with SAABs all day, if £25 for an Airvent for a Skyline seems expensive, he should try a SAAB .. thats a cool £40-50 from any SAAB breaker, and its not exactly as if they are even rare... :D

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
If you consider that

a gtr Vspec was 52k as a 33 new and then 55+ for a 34 new from Middlehurst then you have to expect that these cars are not going to be cheap to maintain.
They are engineered very well, are from a limited run and they are also very rare. If you want cheap motoring then buy a FORD or Vauxhall. the fact that they are one offs means that sadly I don't think there is a lot of carry over from the parts bin...otherwise it would be cheaper.
How does 10k+ new sounds for an engine from Nissan
Give Ron a break as he has to get the parts, stock them and who is to say that they are going to shift...risk mgmt or what!

N

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that £25 for the part that I was after in this img is over the top. In my opinion I think it is a rip off

As I said in my earlier post my toys are back in my pram so chill ;) Look all it would of taken was for the guy that I spoke with, to say it was the whole passenger air vent assembly and not just the cover as I had asked for.
Also as I said in my wanted section post which can be found here
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?threadid=4770
the price from Abbey for this part new is £18 +vat, with a wait while it is shipped from Japan. The cost of shipping from Japan is also included in that £18 so for me to be quoted £25 plus postage for a 2nd hand part, is in my opinion over the top! Or am I not allowed an opinion?
G

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Your winding me up.

If you don't like the prices sell the car and shut up!

As I said on the other thread if I had a different opinion of you I may have given it to you for drink off my 32 but I think your acting like a prat over nothing.

Luke (throwing my toys everywhere:D)

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
we all have our opinions

but I think laying into tuners on the forum is bad form.
As long as you get the part and it is fine then good luck.
Blimey if you think that is dear good luck if you ever have a rebuild.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
arse kissing time for me... :)

bits are expensive... period... :D

we all have nice cars, and as i mentioned, we all have to face upto the fact that quailty costs... :) even secondhand costs are high... thats why 10 yearold GTRs are £10-£20k

Ron @ RK is a plenty sound guy and has helped me out in a big way :) and his pricing was more than very reasonable... :)

the high cost of stuff, keeps cars like ours out of the hands of grubby little baseball hatted idiots...

Exclusivity costs... but the smugness factor of owing said motor more than makes up for it...

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Re: we all have our opinions

N15MOW said:

Blimey if you think that is dear good luck if you ever have a rebuild.
WHEN he has a rebuild, maybe Abbeys will ship over all the bits for you including airfreight for half the cost next time as well when its expensive bits he needs and fit them for free on a Sunday afternoon, I am sure Mark will give up his Sunday lunch to do it half price.

Sorry mate but things cost money and Ron's a reasonable chap and I think we all know this, no good trying to dis' him, you want the bits, phone round and harrass all the tuners for the cheapest price, after a while it wears thin and you become known as Mr Cheap. It works well in the world of Cossie tuning as there are so many parts suppliers but not in our little world.

Not digging you out but you have to be fair and realistic about what you want :)

When you get your skyline breakers in, give me your number cos I would love to call you up everytime I need a part, ask you all about it and then say, ok, nah, I can get it £ 5 cheaper elsewhere, what do you think your attitude on the other end of the phone would be? something like ' well, fcuk off and get it somewhere else cos thats how much I want for it'. See what I mean?

Nothing personal just my thoughts on the subject:)

·
Registered
380 Posts
RIP OF RON

well said Dirk that just sums up the situation.....

I bet he buys the Tesco value food to save 10p on a tin of beans.......!!!!.

Barry

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Also, something that should be considered - it wouldn't be an expensive car to begin with if the parts weren't expensive. Parts = car, car = parts :)

And ultimately its supply and demand as others have said, since when has the market ever been about "fairness", its about charging prices the market will sustain.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
On the other hand Andy

Theres nothing to say that if this guy was a frequent customer/friend of either of the tuners he has mentioned that they MAY have given a different price to him and offer him favours. I have been helped by both, I had a problem with my Sunny a few years back when I took it to Mark he lent me parts to fit for myself to see if it was that. It turned out not to be but I still saved myself money by not buying the parts. The same goes for Ron, he has sorted me out loads, the latest being giving me a hand and letting me use his premesis and tools to strip my 32. This saved me loads of time and money as theres no way I could taken the bulk of the parts off on my own with the few tools and knowledge I have. He hasn't charged me the earth either, we have just come to an understanding over parts from my car.
As far as i'm concerned it pays to make friends in this community not piss people off, because thats when it realy saves you money, and all because your upset about a measly couple of quid for a vent. I realy can't see either Ron or Mark bending over backwards to help you out in the future.

Luke

S

·
0 Posts
R32gts4skyline;

I make a living selling things.
The things I sell are complex and very tempremental.

Everyday people approach me for help when these things go wrong.

Sometimes I help to put them right for free, sometimes I charge them lots and lots of Dollar.

And you know the ONLY criteria I have for making the decision between free and Dollar?

Customer attitude.

If you wish to crusade then good on you sir, just save it for the Oil companies and not some guy who is probably up to his arse in red tape trying to help keep your car on the road.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts