GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just moved into the new house, spent the day sorting the garage out for when i put the car away on saturday, spend the next few months giving it some tlc and some nice little up grades. Went indoors for a while then heard CRASH BANG then the Car Alarm- rushed up looked out the window and there was some kid laying unconsiours in middle of the road- wasnt untill i rushed out the front door to find his plowed his motorbike into the back of my parked car :bawling: ... i forgot about that for the time being as the kid was laying in middle of road and there was traffic starting come in the lane he was in- so stopped the traffic got someone to call ambulance- i put him in recovery position checked for pulse - he was completly sparked out, he came around after about 10mins but extreamly unresponsive-normally means head injuries-- i checked his pockets for ID there was nothing-

Anyway his impact from hitting my car launched him over my car- his crash helmet was found about 20 footsteps further down the road and his feet left his trainers which were found in a field in the opisit direction. He was taken to hospital critical not stable- that was last night i dont know how his doing today- this kid who couldnt have been more than 20 years old- i dont know what caused him to crash or why he did it- i mean its not a hard car to spot esp with being white- but i cant help feeling EXTREAMLY angry with him to the point that i dont really care about him that much which is bad.

And what sucks even more is that iv started to get hate mail from his friends- saying i ran him off his bike. have ignored most of them- they wernt there they didnt see it they have no vaild opinion.

I have a feeling insurance is going to write it off- if its not silly money then ill buy it back off them- and spend the next few months getting it sorted which is a shame as id rather have spent the money on goodies for next year not repairing an inexperienced driver's damage to my car.... :bawling:

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

·
Registered
168 Posts
blimey, that must have been a hard hit!:eek:

Ignore the hate mail...or better still, pass it onto the police.

Hope you can get it sorted:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Bloody hell!!

Hope you get it sorted. I know how it feels to have your pride and joy ruined by something that totally wasnt your fault.

Fingers crossed for you. Definately pass on any correspondance you get to the police.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will get sorted - its just going to take time- i cant claim on his insurance untill he declares it with his insurance and that could take time if his in hospital for long time- am just so gutted right now and yes your right it is my pride and joy and im not letting it go. id rather fix it than to get paid out and buy another one.

If he was doing speed limit it would have that impact the speed limite on the road is 40mph- dosent even looked like he braked

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Hit up the rear HIS FAULT mate, no worries, just kill the hate mailers and start again !!!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Killing is always good, it makes me feel better !! LOL

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Must have been moving at a fair clip to get that much damage with a scooter. One things that amazes me about kids is that they always wear rubbish helmets and rarely do them up properly - I suppose that the old maxim about paying as much as your head is worth has some weight!

If your car wasn't moving then I'd suggest that the case is pretty clear cut. Might be worth getting one of those no fault claim agencies on the case, should get things moving.

Hope it sorts itself out quickly!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Who cares about an old car,when a young man nearly lost his life,if its his fault or not doesn´t matter in that situation...cars can be replaced....lifes can´t;)

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Who cares about an old car,when a young man nearly lost his life,if its his fault or not doesn´t matter in that situation...cars can be replaced....lifes can´t;)
Yes, but when said young man was clearly not paying any attention to where he was going theres got to be a case that his fate was in his own hands. Obviously I dont want him to die, that would be stupid, but hitting a parked car (at a fair speed it seems) just smacks of inattention and lack of care. What if he had hit a pedestrian? Going by the damage to the car a pedestrian would probably be toast.

I hope you can get the car sorted without much hassle

TT

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Here's hoping he makes a full recovery - but is NEVER given a license again!!! :thumbsup:

Real gut wrencher about the car, I know I would be seriously angered if I were in the same position.

I hope there is a good out come from all of this nightmare :(

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Yes, but when said young man was clearly not paying any attention to where he was going theres got to be a case that his fate was in his own hands. Obviously I dont want him to die, that would be stupid, but hitting a parked car (at a fair speed it seems) just smacks of inattention and lack of care. What if he had hit a pedestrian? Going by the damage to the car a pedestrian would probably be toast.
Correct, i started to reply but started to rant about my own recent experience, detracting from this thread. Got it bang on the nail there mate.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
The fact his friends are sending you hate mail even though you played a big part in saved their friends life is shocking. Some people in this world really need a seeing to...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
So you have never been young and never made a mistake.....your a lucky guy then;)

Ifs and whens....he made a mistake in his life and lucky for all pedestrains he just hit a car...but i find it hard to write "but i cant help feeling EXTREAMLY angry with him to the point that i dont really care about him that much"....:nervous:

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
So you have never been young and never made a mistake.....your a lucky guy then;)

Ifs and whens....he made a mistake in his life and lucky for all pedestrains he just hit a car...but i find it hard to write "but i cant help feeling EXTREAMLY angry with him to the point that i dont really care about him that much"....:nervous:
Nope.... I cant say that I have, at any time, made a mistake that has resulted in my being hospitalised in a "critical" condition......I must indeed be a lucky guy.

*sigh*

When I say that the guy 'only has himself to blame' thats a FACT!!. It would appear that there were no known extenuous contributing factors that made the guy run into the back of a parked car. No one is saying they want the guy to die etc but I too would be HIGHLY peeved at the guys complete lack of attention. And no doubt, for a split second, I would be more worried about the car than him...

TT

·
Registered
886 Posts

Her anger is surely understandable. We all put a lot of love and money into our cars and to have that potentially ruined through no fault of your own is hard.

It is a strange quote to pull out as Amber also CLEARLY states her priority was to look after the boy.

I'd also be angry that there may be repercussions from the friends who clearly dont understand what happened and seem a bit reactionary. If they go further than hate mail are we to let them off with "they're young and just making a mistake". Its a bit of a holier than thou stand point - but you are entitled to your view.

Who knows - perhaps a dog/fox/cat ran out and the avoiding action was potentially tragic. We dont know.

LB - I would certainly mention the hate mail to the police asap.

Very sorry to hear this news.
If you still have the car around Id start taking bits out of it - cos I believe the insurance take the car as it is picked up. If the valuation is ridiculous you might not want to get it back compared to starting again. Im sure I read somewhere that even the aftermarket audio and any CDs etc. If fact anything in the car, is theirs on a write off.
If Im wrong Im sure Ill be corrected.

EvolutionVI - I think you've made you point and it will be best to leave it at that. If you want to respond to my views please PM me rather than us continue in this thread.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
but i find it hard to write "but i cant help feeling EXTREAMLY angry with him to the point that i dont really care about him that much"....:nervous:
Evolution- if your're going to quote me on something- then please quote me on the full sentence i had stated and not half the story to suit your intended reply

but i cant help feeling EXTREAMLY angry with him to the point that i dont really care about him that much which is bad.

Also please dont put words into my mouth- i havent said i wanted him to die. For the record i dont want him to die. He will be a very lucky lad if he recovers with just a fractured skull and my thoughts are with his family at the mo.

Bentley- i have already taken everything out- waiting on someone from garage to come and give a quote to give to the insurance company- As for the hate mail - have already reported it - i just dont get why im getting it or how they got my name in the first place.

Things will be ok in the end- just an annoying hicup i spose :(

1 - 20 of 84 Posts