GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading back from Nurburgring I stopped at Eurotunnel and 2 chaps came over asking if I could help them.

Basically they'd studied in Arizona USA, but for next part of there studies were doing so in London.

Before they left they'd bought a 2014 LHD GT-R, had it shipped from Arizona to Florida by transporter (1 week) then put onto a boat to France (3 weeks).

They were then collecting it and driving it to the UK.

However a problem has occurred, a strange light I don't recognise from the 2008 - 2010 or 2011 - 2013 models was on the dash looked like a steering wheels with a cross going through it and the warning triangle (I know thats just a standard... something needs attention symbol even if just fuel).

Anyway the car was basically in limp mode, I also found it was saying both left TPMS were saying the car had a flat tyre even though they weren't and the both right TPMS were reading correctly.

They also wanted a new exhaust, remaps and other bits.

Long story short I gave them Litchfield Motors number to contact as one of the guys used to study for a bit in Cheltenham and knew the area, SVM and Sly's numbers to contact for advice as knew any 1 of them would be able to cater and help.

Sly as he is probably nearest to where they'll be, Litchfield as I use them and it's near where chap used to study and has friends and SVM because there knowledge is equally as good.

So if anyone seems a 2014 LHD GT-R going around London with green Arizona plates give the guys a wave very friendly chaps, equally if there car does break down perhaps try help them :)

Hopefully in future they'll appear on forum as well.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
White. Rays 6 spoke wheels, black edition interior. Looked very nice virtually no miles on clock (around 40km)

Guessing the dealership in Arizona could just say bring the car back and we will rectify but perhaps somewhere along the 4 weeks of shipping something got damaged or changed?

They'd never seen the car till it arrived in France, they placed order in USA then collected in France.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts