GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I want to buy some ARP studs for my RB26, and I need some help.

I have the stud diameter specs and the thread pitch for the head studs (M12 P1.50), crank cap studs (M10 P1.50), and the cam cap studs(M6 P100), but I need the actual relevant depths etc.. and I have no access to get that data.
ARP Says "measure down into the block as far as the thread goes + height of the head + 3/4 inch" is what is needed for the head studs...

Does anyone have part numbers from ARP for any of these? If you do, it would be really, really useful.

Thank You,

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Can

do you JUN ones:D
Gary
GT-ART
OFFICALLY JAPANESE
JUN AUTO MECHANIC:D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
nope

JUN make their own and they are probably cheaper than arp, come to think of it though there were some arp boxes in JUNS cabinet but they had at least 5 years worth of dust on them, when I asked JUNICHI about them he just shook his head
:D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Maybe

but this thread is about studs

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Phil

Its good to see you know your products,
regarding the arp stuff,I tried to get them a long while back too and it is very difficult as they also need to know fitted depth of thread and a few other things I cant remember,
One thing I would advise is dont stud the cam caps, I have a set you can buy minus 2 broken ones, the location of the cap center seems to go adrift and the end result is quite costly
are the arp kits cheaper than 250 quid all up ?
Gary
GT-ART
BROTHERHOOD OF JUN:D

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Studs vs Bolts - Studs are prefered for racing applications.

As bolts tighten they twist and stretch . The nut on a stud more uniformly tightens down on the head to aid in head sealing...

The studs stay in place in the block and cause less wear on the threads in the block...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Bolts

DCD,
I think that pic you have posted up is for the sr20de(t) and not the rb26 as they definatley are studs:)
Gary
GT-ART
JUN AUTO MECHANIC

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
JUN

Stud kits now in stock amongst other things :D
Hurry!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts