GTR Forum banner

161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Thanks buddy ;-)
Ps quando vuoi mi farebbe piacere scambiare due chiacchiere al cell ;-)
Ciao
Cosimo

·
Registered
154 Posts
Have been a fan of this car ever since I saw it on the Endless-R blog a few years ago but I noticed it doesn't really have much presence on this blog for such a beauty that it is :thumbsup:

I am just intrigued, what exactly is titanium on the engine? From the pictures it seems like everything from the oil catch tank to the intake/intercooler piping. What was you reason for choice of this material for said parts? Was it just for the cool/unique factor or is there some science behind it? I understand that titanium is lighter than aluminium on larger parts where less titanium has to be used to achieve the same strength but when strength does not matter as much (as on the oil catch tank for example), I believe the aluminium would be lighter as only a small amount has to be used.

Not criticising or anything, absolutely love your car, I am just interested in finding out your reason of using titanium for parts that are normally made of ally or steel. It looks fantastic nonetheless and definitely is one of the best GT-R's on this forum.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #172 (Edited)
Thks CrazyDave. I see.

about titanium, in my car, at the end is only my taste. Not difference in performance on heavy car like a bnr34 with alu :). Tit is lighter than alu but i think a big difference is in a true race car where the weight is a key for win.

Of course a big difference is in the exhaust where, with endless-r tit exhaust, i saved about 15kg and the sounds is better than normal exhaust :thumbsup:.

Today has been released the september issue of italian top tuning magazine "Elaborare GT" with a 12 pages full review of my car.

"Japanease do it better?"

-----------------------------
My Blog always update
http://japan-hobby.blogspot.it/

161 - 180 of 197 Posts