GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made two gouges in my 400R splitter when reversing out of work because of a post that was sticking out of the ground.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

No damage to the splitter but two big "down to primer" gouges in it. Touched it up with what touch up paint I had available, will have to see how bad it is in the morning.

Arrgggghhhhhhhh. :( :( :mad:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Bummer. :(

I have just moved into a new house, and it is impossible for me to get up the drive without scraping the front splitter.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only minor consolation is I know someone who works with paint and can make my rare paint in any form I want - can, aerosol, etc.

I guess I'll just get an aerosol of the stuff off him, mask up the splitter and try and touch it up a bit.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
We have a multistorey carpark at work - I can't use it as the front scrapes the ground every time i go down the ramp!

Its not a nice sound! Hope yours comes up ok :)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Simon/Tigger I have to moved a month back and have the same problem, After losing the paint a few times even at low speed I constructed two wooden rams to bridge the gap between the gutter and the massive road camber, it works but boy do I look a Kn*b lining them up and the whole process take 5 minutes!

..Ian

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
LOL @ Ian...I totally understand but it made me larf :D

There are some roads Fuggles just wont risk going down, or multi-stories for the same reason. I think you need hydraulics under the car, that at a touch of a button the car lifts a couple of inches.

I know far fetched!

;)

·
Premium Member
5,939 Posts
Hydraulics - well air bags is what they actually use. Popular in the states, getting a bit more common over here.

what you actually need is an anti gravity device - just imagine a R34 GTR serenely floating into it's parking spot ;)

Simon

·
Registered
773 Posts
Why not try ear muffs? I find you can drive over all manner of bumps and cambers and won't hear any nast noises!:D

·
Registered
520 Posts
If I reverse into the drive something at the back of the car catches (I assume it's the exhaust) and the front scrapes on the road. It's not causing to much damage as only the bottom of the splitter scrapes, so it can only be seen from under the car. Or by the white paint left on the pavement / drive / road.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Glad to hear it's not only me with these nasty scraping noises!

When we were looking for a new house last year, I seriously based one of my criteria for how much I liked the house on how much of a slope was on the driveway! This was an interesting criteria to get past the other half when she found a house she liked but I thought the driveway sloped too much! LOL :)

As for exhaust scraping, don't even start me on that! The genius' at the council have obviously decided to start laying speed ramps that are so high my front splitter is now in danger, let alone the low hanging exhaust! I now take routes which are much longer just to avoid the giant speed humps!

phew, rant over! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts