GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Yes a huge well done to Dave Wilkins who organises this every year on behalf of the GTROC and to everyone from the GTROC who helped run the stand and drove today to raise money.

:bowdown1: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Sorry again for not sticking a around for long and also being late. Splitter came off on the way down and the fix we did on the side of the road didnt work so ended up going back home and changing cars and going back.

Was a great day thanks to all who were involved, I still think the organisers should give more room and lanyards to the club but I know a lot of work goes in behind the scenes

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
few pics for now from the day as i do have many more but need some time to sort them as im still trying to process pics for usc too lol .

nice to meet some of you this year too and atleast to get out for the first time in a gtr (rog350z ) as in all this time ive been around skylines and gtr's including owning my own r32 gtr , jumping in a gtr just never came up for me untill now :) .

my thoughts on my first experience in a gtr , rog350z's one ...........f:mad:@k me that thing was amazing as the acceleration caught me by surprise especially when im used to being the one holding onto the steering wheel and not the passenger with that sort of power .
now i understand why my passengers in the past used to have a sudden look of panic even from just accelerating in a straight line lol .

then theres the twisty bits .......... if i drove my 32 like that it would be seeing sideways action but this gtr kept digging in even when it skipped and hopped a little through hard acceleration through the bends , i certainly got value for money lol

in 2010 when we had one daughter she went in sumo's gtr and had alot of fun ( only 9 years old then ) this year our newest addition ( 3 year daughter ) had a ride with my wife in one of your gtr's and she loved it and was like a bouncy rabbit when she got out of the car :chuckle: , i knew she would enjoy it .

just wish i had more goes now but the queue's was putting me off .

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Another great day the organisation was top notch

Talking to some of the passengers the GTR really is a legend and is well worth queueing for 2 hours to get into. Had a ride in Paul's R33 in gear acceleration was very impressive indeed!

Had one middle aged women giving me orgasmic screems at every corner and when booting it. She insisted it was better than sex even though she has a great sex life!

Roll on next year.

Ps own up who spun it?!

·
Registered
468 Posts
What a truly outstanding event can't wait for next year. Ross your 32 is amazing on track, scared the shit out of the wife! And how lucky was we with the weather.

·
Registered
818 Posts
As everyone has said! WHAT A DAY.
I now look like a lobster!

I'm just sorry I didn't get out in the afternoon due to the weird noise on the car.
Found out what it was on the way home though.

Two bolts had dropped out of the drivers side rear wheel arch inner, where the exhaust exits, and was flapping about with a retaining nut at the end.
In the airflow this was bouncing around like billio making a damn racket. Gave me a headache on the way home.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just wanted to pop across and say thanks for once again coming along and support On Your Marks......It was great to meet you Dave at last and also to have our gate next to yours even if two of you had a Lewis Hamilton moment and parked in our pit by mistake...suppose the fact my tshirt had the same colours as your guys didn't help. .....We learnt a few things along the way from you....As always the GTR's certainly pull in the crowd and I though this year was one of the better ones, track was a lot cleaner as well.......Thanks again all and great fun, safe day had by all. See you all next year no doubt. Andy (ASDA and Sportsmaserati)

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Another great Adsa Day with even more crowds and even linger queues to have passenger rides in our fabulous GT-R's (32/33/34 and 35's). I had one passenger who claimed had waited over two hours for a drive and the went back and queued again for another drive in my car - awesome charity event and we took more money than ever before!

Paul's car (purleskyline) was an absolute star as quick is such an understatement and from the punters point of view it reinvigorated the demand to go out in the earlier R32/33 and 34's. The power that this car puts out is incredible and the way Paul drove it ALL day was a testament to the reliability and the quality of build that has gone into this monster.

I had a few screamers (men and women) and several that came back again for another drive. Some paid more for a 'quick' one which added to our overall takings of nearly £3,000 (final totals to be confirmed). Burnt a bit of fuel but every penny's worth was well spent, especially when I was privileged to take the Wishing well appeal kids out over the lunch period - a real tear jerker I can admit to.

Thanks again for a massively well organised event by Dave Wilkins without whom this event would either not happen or be totally disorganised with a the inevitable disagreements with some of the other drivers. He is a diplomat as well!

I have a massive amount of VBox footage and will try and get some good ones posted up when I get a moment (TVR heading towards Lutterworth through the woods and a few other cars spinning wildly out of control in front of me)

Roll on 2015

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I would like to thank Dave and John for all their efforts in arranging the GTROC attendance at this day, the T shirts were a great idea and the overall driving standards were very good. Lots of positive comments from the customers at how good a R35 is on track and this was backed up by the long line of customers waiting for up to an hour to get out in one of our cars! Next year I'll bring more fuel cans as the trip by four of us to the fuel station limited the number of cars we had running in the afternoon. Overall a great day and some excellent publicity for the club and a huge amount of money raised for charity.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Truly awesome day and glad John M talked me into it! Great to catch up with everyone as usual.

The reactions of passengers were just priceless - as jaycabs says above you do get used to the car and forget what it's like to be a passenger in such a machine... the screams and smiles definitely make you remember how lucky you are to be able to do this all the time!

Hope everyone who was travelling back today gets back safely - we only had a 50 minute journey or so and it was horrendous.... we were so lucky to have the day we did yesterday!

Thanks to Dave W and John M, as well as everyone involved in the planning, organisation and running of the day - roll on next year :)

1 - 20 of 157 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.