GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew of any dealers/connections with any Aston Martin dealers as I have some Brake Calipers with need of the brake pins, (that hold the pads in place) to complete them.
Many thanks in advance of any help.
:thumbsup:
bob

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Hi Bob, Finally getting the back brakes on huh?

They will be a Brembo caliper, so any Brembo dealer should be able to help.
Other wise IIRC, they are the same as a Lotus Elise or something front brake.

fire up some pics when they are done.

Chris.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Chris buddy, youre right they are indeed Brembo's trouble is its hard enough getting spares for straight Brembo calipers, (especially the brake pins and retaining pad spring plates I found). When they're branded for another car I cant imagine its going to be easier. Actually finding a Brembo dealer who does spares was a nightmare last time. In the end I had to use Stoptech seals, (exactley the same size as the brembo F50 ones).
The New calipers are Brembo monoblock Aston Martin ones. Oh and Chris Ive managed to get some DBS 6 pot brembo's for the front! :clap:
Those are the ones i need the pins for. I'll get some pics up for you mate!
cheers for the suggestion buddy!
bob
p.s.
Got some of those lovely Noltec subframe bushes like yours in the end too! :D

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just spoke to a very helpful guy here:-
Aston Martin Parts
who said he can order them for me, although aparently he said they're the same size as the new Renault Megane Turbo Brembo's and I might get them cheaper there! :clap:
bob

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Just make some silver steel pins and drill them for R clips to hold them in. There are probably countless pins from common or garden calipers you could mod, too. Toyota Supra MKIV UK caliper front pins will probably work. If I have a minute tomorrow I'll knock a pin out of my AM calipers and try one.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
6 Pot huh? Just like me Bob....You just don't know when to stop!

I took an extra day off work for the Pearl Jam concert in the weekend...But didn't get as "plastered" as I thought, and ended up installing my "Under Car Jungle Gym" (Braces)
...will post some pics soon.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just make some silver steel pins and drill them for R clips to hold them in. There are probably countless pins from common or garden calipers you could mod, too. Toyota Supra MKIV UK caliper front pins will probably work. If I have a minute tomorrow I'll knock a pin out of my AM calipers and try one.
Nice one Chris, i was only really worried about the tensile strength of them with all the forces going through them!
Appreciate any help you can give me buddy. Actually one thing the new monoblock brembos dont have R clips theyre a new design, cant rememeber what they do to replace the R clip i'll have a look tonight!
cheers buddy.
bob

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
There are no forces on them, as such. They just stop the pads rattling or vibrating out. Are they the type with an expanding collet on one end that you tap into the hole in the caliper? Just convert to R clip pins if you can't get the right ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts