GTR Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The sound is awesome and it really is a great car to drive and just generally be in. We did test drive a db11 before all the virus craziness and I utterly fell in love with that.

·
Vendor
1,907 Posts
Probably best to sign upto a Aston Martin forum or group to get some reviews and info..

There not my cup of tea but can appreciate why someone would want to purchase one.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The oldest DB9 model is 16 years old. Still looks better than any new car made today. What a car!

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hers is a 2010, 25k miles on it, barely run in and in fabulous condition. Driving it such a different experience to the GTR I understand whys people love them, gets a positive reaction wherever you go.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Your wife must be a very happy woman. I saw one in black the other day, and it never gets old. I just get the dopamine rush in the head when I see one. Even when these came out when I was a kid, I always liked them. I even had that car on my Need for Speed video game in black when I used to play on my playstation 2. I remember when Top Gear reruns were in the US and they did the race with the DB9 to Monte Carlo (I believe it was 4 years after the airing, so 2008), I just fell in awe watching that car and even have plenty of car magazines with the DBS and DB9. I would love to own an Aston Martin from that era in my life.That picture just looks like art. Are you going to tint the windows eventually? And how does it feel driving it? I bet it is a dream.

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It is a GT cruiser so not the sharpest driving experience, but enough power to make it fun and it sounds glorious.

we had a db11 for a few hours just before lockdown, that was even more awesome

·
Registered
269 Posts
Have you driven those V8 Vantages from the same year range as your DB9? If so, is it more nimble? I wouldn't care so much if it was the sharpest, since like you mentioned the cars are GT cruisers. Plus you look like a James Bond in it.

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I haven't but my partner did before deciding on the DB9 (she drove them back to back so got a good comparison) She said the vantage felt like much more of a hooligan car and thought she would get into more trouble with it than the DB9. Full disclosure she wanted something that looks and sounds good and isn't totally bothered about the handling dynamics...

·
Registered
269 Posts
When I got mt GT-R, the sales chap at the NHPC where I bought it from described the GT-R as a hooligan car.
Are we talking about the car's image or the car's dynamics? The way Simon worded it, made it sound like the Vantage is a hooligan in the dynamics department where you can slide it and drive it like a madman while looking like an aggressive boss car.

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It was that she felt the vantage would encourage her to be more naughty whereas the db9 is a little more laid back. I would put the GTR in the same category as the vantage...

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
The DB9 is a beautiful car - looked at one myself, along with a Maserati Granturismo Sport and the R35. DB9 was the oldest but honestly its condition was unreal and the underside/wheel arches were the cleanest I've ever seen on a secondhand car. Interior was beautiful as you'd expect and the dashboard felt modern (reverse swing dial and typical Aston class). Drive was very good but not ultimately that fast by comparison. Felt a million dollars driving it - stunning car. In contrast, Maserati had the best engine for me (what a deep growl) and was nice inside (luxurious but not as good as the Aston) - loads of space in the back seats though and it had plenty of pull alright, loved the drive. Couldn't get past the Ferrari engine though and what if it went bang. However, for me, one drive of the R35 and I was sold. DB9 is an awesome car though - stunning design and ageing very well (y)(y)

·
Ooo Matron !
2,118 Posts
Are we talking about the car's image or the car's dynamics? The way Simon worded it, made it sound like the Vantage is a hooligan in the dynamics department where you can slide it and drive it like a madman while looking like an aggressive boss car.
I think he meant the image; aggressive and violent in its appearance.

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
it was deffo the way it encouraged you to behave, more rewarding to be driven hard, more raucous and noisy, sharper throttle response.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts