GTR Forum banner

201 - 220 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #202 (Edited)
Hi guys,
It's been a while since I posted an update here, first of all the car is now finally mapped with the new ECU together with the Okada coils, Do-Luck harness & NGK Competition sparks. All I can say is WOW this combo was the best thing I ever put on the car and it showed on the results as well. 675bhp @ 1.5 boost and 78kg of torque on a Mustang dyno which is know for it's strict numbers :). We still have to make a map with the methanol but I will have to get the water-methanol injectors out and give them a proper clean, since my tuner didn't want to take the risk due to the fact that the car was sitting for almost 6 months. Car was mapped on the streets initially and to finalize it we went to a dyno session 1 week later.

Dyno sheet:

The car now sounds different, drives different and is smoother than ever, couldn't be happier with the results with my current spec, according to my tuner we could even expect an additional 30-50bhp once the water-methanol mixture goes in and we prepare a 2nd parallel map(in case the injectors don't spray by any chance, it will automatically swap maps for safety of the engine). The car on high boost feels and drives like a beast, however it's almost like it came out of the factory with 700bhp, the power line is sooo smooth:bowdown1:

And one photo of the car during the mapping session:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
It was now time to work on the exterior to make it much the power of the car :cool:

So after a few weeks of placing my order with RHDJapan, these just arrived:

• Genuine NISMO Z-Tune front fender set
  • Genuine NISMO Z-Tune front bumper
Perfect service fm RHD as always, really love working with Patrick :bowdown1:
Car will go next week to the paint shop, can't wait to see it all done.
Also with NISMO raising their prices on a variety of items as fm 01.04, I managed to place an order to RHD about below items just this week(they even had an additional 5% discount on all NISMO items):

• NISMO Combination Meter Gauge Cluster BNR34 Black
  • NISMO Multi-Function Display Kit Version II BNR34 V-Spec Nur M-Spec
  • NISMO RB26DETT Engine Parts - Air Inlet Pipe
  • NISMO Room Mirror Cover - Carbon Fiber Skyline GT-R RNR40
  • NISMO S-Tune LED Tail Light Set Skyline R34
  • Nissan OEM Rear Back Right Lamp - Skyline R34
  • Nissan OEM Rear Red Back Lamp - Skyline R34
  • MINE'S Triple Flow Cam Cover Baffle Plate Nissan Skyline GT-R

All these will arrive by end-April, I truly believe they will transform the car. Will update soon with more photos :wavey:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Okada coils are expensive, let us know if they are as good as they are meant to be, if so they are worth the money.

Can now vouch for these, the car sound smoother especially on idle, it's like listening to another car:eek:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #209 (Edited)
This package arrived at my door today al the way from Osaka and my good friend Patrick at RHDJapan :flame:

Perfectly & safely packed as always

NISMO Black Cluster

MINES baffle plates with brand new oem rocket cover seals

NISMO led tail lights

NISMO carbon fiber mirror cover

OEM reverse & fog light to replace my old ones which are not in the best condition after almost 15 years

NISMO mfd upgrade with brand new TOSHIBA replacement screen since mine has 2 vertical lines which tend to annoy me from time to time

NISMO air inlet piping kit. The quality is simply amazing, what a work of art!!!

And last but not least a teaser photo of my car at the paint shop where it went to get the NISMO kit fitted :clap:

Looking forward to get it back and fit everything received. Should really transform the car. Will of course take new photos once everything is fitted.

:wavey:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Today I finally picked up my car fm the paint shop, all I can say is WOW the Nismo kit has really transformed the car, took some photos with my mobile to share with you guys and bore you a bit. After 2 years of owning it, i think the car came a long way! Hope you like em :wavey:

and also took 2 pics(before & after) to show the progress so far!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

201 - 220 of 415 Posts