GTR Forum banner

341 - 360 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
Please keep the photo updates coming, your car (and your voice ;)) is an inspiration for mine!
:chuckle: I knew I saw that black beauty somewhere before I just couldn't remember, hope you are well my friend and I really hope you can keep your beast.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Small update during the weekend a friend and I managed to install the HKS oil cooler. Needed some modification which I did not expect, most probably due to the Z Tune bumper but in the end it was worth it, it's a really nice cooler, this should be installed fm factory IMO.

fitted by a good friend of mine who also happens to own a BNR34, you can clearly see his addiction(hint: wrist):chuckle:

The cooling effect is amazing,just after 5 minutes we started the car to warm it up, we measured temps and the bottom & top of the core(15 rows) using a laser temp reading gun. On the bottom the temps were 52 degrees & on the top it was 40 which is quite a difference given the fact that the thermostat was not fully open and the car was not on the move. Extremely happy with the quality of the kit, minus the slight mods we had to do in order to fit it but then again nothing is simple with these cars!
Also some more photos fm the camera testing:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Small update during the weekend a friend and I managed to install the HKS oil cooler. Needed some modification which I did not expect, most probably due to the Z Tune bumper but in the end it was worth it, it's a really nice cooler, this should be installed fm factory IMO.

fitted by a good friend of mine who also happens to own a BNR34, you can clearly see his addiction(hint: wrist):chuckle:

The cooling effect is amazing,just after 5 minutes we started the car to warm it up, we measured temps and the bottom & top of the core(15 rows) using a laser temp reading gun. On the bottom the temps were 52 degrees & on the top it was 40 which is quite a difference given the fact that the thermostat was not fully open and the car was not on the move. Extremely happy with the quality of the kit, minus the slight mods we had to do in order to fit it but then again nothing is simple with these cars!
Also some more photos fm the camera testing:D

You know how much i love your car, we have discussed this!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
What was the mod for the Z-Tune bumper ?
Had to leave one bracket out fm the ones included in the kit and had to reverse the one bolting onto the intercooler
side to make clearance from the bumper. Also had to bend the lower part of the oilcooler housing as it was rubbing on the bumper's air duct.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
The 24th of December marks 3 years of ownership. Well, our anniversary present arrived a bit early :chuckle: Special parts for a special car:clap:

To say the quality and the craftsmanship is amazing will simply be an understatement. Glad I chose this one over the Fujimura Auto!

Also some more photos fm the session we had last time

341 - 360 of 415 Posts