Registered
8,540 Posts
O'Connor as in Des O'Connor????.....

TT

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
Hi guys, small update on the car, we started stripping everything in order to treat it for rust since it was never treated in any way underneath.Although we have almost no rain here in Cyprus and no snow, I want to clean the car and thank God we only managed to find surface rust for the time being, no damage whatsoever besides the jacking points. Time to give this car the love it deserves, sorry for the crappy phone pictures will upload better ones in due time :wavey:

and off we go

Gas tank will be taken off as well along with the rear bumper front axles etc. Everything underneath will be pretty much disassembled and some parts will be sent to the paint shop whilst others will be sandblasted. Front AP brakes will get refurbished too. Also new bush kit ordered for the cross-member since now is a good opportunity to change everything in order to have my mind at ease in the near future. The big major bolts will be sandblasted to see whether we can save them(nothing better than the factory ones) and all others will be replaced by brand new ones. Will update this thread as often as possible, really missed my car can't wait to get it back which will most probably be by end of June :runaway:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Love your new money box :)
Do u mind if I ask,
How much mileage does it have?and what part of te world was it in before?
Are you planning to fully restore the car underneath?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Love your new money box :)
Do u mind if I ask,
How much mileage does it have?and what part of te world was it in before?
Are you planning to fully restore the car underneath?
Lol money box indeed but worth it ;)
Car has 45,000 miles engine has just 13,000(used to have an rb30 and owner stored the N1 engine till the day he sold it to my friend) A guy with the username ccraven owned it in uk but could not find more info on the car only the threads were he tried to sell his car.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/63136-nur-r34.html

Would love to get that issue of Japanese performance on my hands but I don't know where to look!

Yes I am planning to make a full restoration underneath.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
I don't know for sure mate but that looks like Tim's old car if I'm not mistaken mine never had a top secret bumper. But as I said I might be mistaken!

From the dates mentioned it must be this one

Japanese Performance Magazine - Shops

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Update on the car, finally I got my car back today rust free, so happy with the results :flame:. Here are some photos of the process

Ordered the entire SuperPro Bush kit since it was a good opportunity to change the factory ones

Almost completed with the rear sub-frame on

Front end started to look new once again

Refurbished brakes, will add red lettering later on instead of yellow since my wheels as well as suspension have red all over them

And some teaser photos of the car as it sits at the moment, will take better ones during the weekend. The wheels are absolutely stunning it's like they were made for millennium jades the colors match soooo nicely. The tires along with the bush replacement made the car very responsive in regards to road behavior without making it too stiff though. The ride quality is second to none! So happy with the choices I made :runaway:

:wavey:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Took the car for a de-cat today prior to the new programming/mapping. Took some pics :) Need side skirts and rear spats ASAP. Good thing is that although I believed the height would be increased with the new wheels, I totally love it and with the skirts and spats it will look just perfect IMHO

61 - 80 of 415 Posts