GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all....

Well after a 14 month wait the days finally here! he he I pick my car up tomorrow from Middlehurst!

I originally ordered titanium but have been offered (after me pestering them a lot! lol) a sliver car a month early!

Middlehurst have actually been great and put up with a lot off moaning from me! So a big thanks to them....

Just wish the next 24 hours would go quicker now! :clap:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bud! Counting the hours down now.....

Cleaned my old car out to part exchange, going try to work the ipod out tonignt and get some music on for tomorrow lol :runaway:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got mine from Middlehurst's 13 days ago. It was handed over by Andy Middlehurst himself, who made a very strong case for running the car in carefully. I have spent the last 13 days trying to moderate my right foot! I am now giving it a little more each time I drive it, which is making it more exiting each time I go out in it. If you choose to run it in gently, the next few weeks are going to be agony, but it will be worth it.

P.S, Andy Middlehurst is a real gentleman, and I am glad that I bought from Middlehursts, even if it's 200 miles away from home.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Good on you chaps, but you got the wrong colour !!! LOL

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got mine from Middlehurst's 13 days ago. It was handed over by Andy Middlehurst himself, who made a very strong case for running the car in carefully. I have spent the last 13 days trying to moderate my right foot! I am now giving it a little more each time I drive it, which is making it more exiting each time I go out in it. If you choose to run it in gently, the next few weeks are going to be agony, but it will be worth it.

P.S, Andy Middlehurst is a real gentleman, and I am glad that I bought from Middlehursts, even if it's 200 miles away from home.
Theyve been great to me too at Middlehurst, cant fault them at all!!!

Im dreading the running in part grrrr... Its gonna be SOOOO hard not to just put your foot down once! lol

·
Registered
816 Posts
I was told after 300 miles I could use full throttle by Marshalls if I fed it in gently to pre-load the transmission. It conflicts what others had been told but it was a good enough excuse to feel full power and I couldn't wait any longer.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Its a Great relief too get your GTR after such a long wait :clap: But yes the running in is Painful the early part anyway but the latter part (600 - 1200) was much better fun with higher revs and changing up & down the gear box on the paddles :clap::thumbsup: .... But now its Absolutely Fantastic :thumbsup::clap::D:smokin:

Picked mine up In September after a wait of 18 months.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
AdamL., congrats pal ure gonna love it. Agree with Steve about the colour, but so glad u never picked Red, its getting quite popular now and i did enjoy the exclusivety.

Running in there a few threads about it. But after 600 miles mine was being kept in the high part of the rev range as per manual.

What time do u collect your car? Only ask cos i dropped mine of b4 for service 2 morrow so i will be down there sometime tomorrow, prob mid afternoon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Sin,

Hopefully around 2 bud, depends if the missues can get out of work earlier... Whats your real name mate? lol

I got a leaflet from the garage saying keep the revs low but cant remember how long for, is it the first 300 or 600 miles? :)

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Shamelessly stolen from another thread and someone elses hard work.

"Follow these recommendations to obtain
maximum engine performance and ensure
the future reliability and economy
of your new vehicle. Failure to follow
these recommendations may result in
shortened engine life and reduced engine
performance.
Please observe the following types of driving
until the mileage shown below has been
reached.
Until 500 km (300 miles):
• Do not depress the accelerator pedal more
than halfway and avoid rapid acceleration.
• Drive with the engine speed kept at less
than 3,500 RPM.
• Avoid unnecessary quick steering, abrupt
braking and driving on poor roads.

500 to 1,000 km (300 to 600 miles):
• Avoid rapid acceleration in a low gear (1st
to 3rd gears) with the accelerator pedal
fully depressed. Depress the pedal slowly.
• Avoid unnecessary quick steering and
abrupt braking.
• Drive with the suspension setup switch in
the COMF mode to allow more suspension
stroke.

1,000 to 2,000 km (600 to 1,200 miles):
• Drive with the engine speed kept relatively
high, shifting is recommended between 1st
and 4th gears.
• Avoid unnecessary quick steering and
abrupt braking.
• Drive with the suspension setup switch in
the COMF mode to allow more suspension
stroke."

I'll keep an eye out for you 2 morrow depending what time mines ready.

Phil

·
Registered
15 Posts
Snap, I too am picking up mine from Middlehurst tomorrow and share the same excitement.

Silver Black edition - ordered May last year and have been religiously hovering here ever since.

Have came up from London this afternoon by train to stay with my mother in law overnight. My wife and I have just popped over to look at the showroom like every other time we have come to vist and can't quite believe that tomorrow we will be taking Godzilla home. Forget childhood dreams - to buy a new GT-R from Middlehurst has been an adult dream for over a decade but there has always been something else to get in the way. Not this time - the R35 was just so much better than anything else that I test drove at twice the price.

Had been looking forward for that one-way train ride for so long I'm now looking forward to the 250 mile drive home - especially the M6 toll road!!

Have a safe trip home AdamL

·
Registered
52 Posts
ME TOO

HI all....

Well after a 14 month wait the days finally here! he he I pick my car up tomorrow from Middlehurst!

I originally ordered titanium but have been offered (after me pestering them a lot! lol) a sliver car a month early!

Middlehurst have actually been great and put up with a lot off moaning from me! So a big thanks to them....

Just wish the next 24 hours would go quicker now! :clap:
** Adam - Picking my Black Edition off of Middlehurst tomorrow too ** Maybe see you there !!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Long Drive Too

Snap, I too am picking up mine from Middlehurst tomorrow and share the same excitement.

Silver Black edition - ordered May last year and have been religiously hovering here ever since.

Have came up from London this afternoon by train to stay with my mother in law overnight. My wife and I have just popped over to look at the showroom like every other time we have come to vist and can't quite believe that tomorrow we will be taking Godzilla home. Forget childhood dreams - to buy a new GT-R from Middlehurst has been an adult dream for over a decade but there has always been something else to get in the way. Not this time - the R35 was just so much better than anything else that I test drove at twice the price.

Had been looking forward for that one-way train ride for so long I'm now looking forward to the 250 mile drive home - especially the M6 toll road!!

Have a safe trip home AdamL
As replied to Adam, I am picking up my Black B/E from Middlehust tomorrow. Flying up from Southampton so could be a convoy on the M6 toll lol... Gordon

·
Registered
290 Posts
You lads all enjoy yourselves tomorrow. Have a safe drive home and enjoy every second. Just finished my run in period............its fantanstic.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Any of you guys northwest based?

If so, why not join us in North Wales for all or part of the weekend's R35 activities?

We've got a road drive on Sunday around the areas best roads, and we are on track at Anglesey on Saturday ( we'll understand if you don't want to track your brand new pride and joy, but what about a pax lap with an existing owner?)

You'd see standard R35 cars and those with a range of popular modifications.

PM me if you are interested.

Ed

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As replied to Adam, I am picking up my Black B/E from Middlehust tomorrow. Flying up from Southampton so could be a convoy on the M6 toll lol... Gordon
Im driving that way to see mom and dad in brum!!!! lol Role on the m6 toll road lads!!!

Any of you guys northwest based?

If so, why not join us in North Wales for all or part of the weekend's R35 activities?

We've got a road drive on Sunday around the areas best roads, and we are on track at Anglesey on Saturday ( we'll understand if you don't want to track your brand new pride and joy, but what about a pax lap with an existing owner?)

You'd see standard R35 cars and those with a range of popular modifications.

PM me if you are interested.

Ed
WOW! I actually live in Blackpool! If Im back up in time Ill PM you buddy!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts