GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after a 2 month wait i finally have my bits back. (the first lot anyway)

At least now i can get the car put back together along with the new turbos etc.

Here are some pics so far...

o and a few more bits i picked of Mark at MGT RACING.. Thanks very much Mark...

Harmonic balanced dampner (mark is shipping these out at a very good price)

And another bargain off mark (MGT)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
what a lovely few bits there, i wanted chrome too but no one round here does it so i went to shadow chrome powder coat
only thing i wouldent fit the clear cover as they crack and fade badly, but im sure if you keep ontop of it, it should be ok

again very nice, where did you get those done?

Alex

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what a lovely few bits there, i wanted chrome too but no one round here does it so i went to shadow chrome powder coat
only thing i wouldent fit the clear cover as they crack and fade badly, but im sure if you keep ontop of it, it should be ok

again very nice, where did you get those done?

Alex
The came cover is second hand mate. i spent 10 mins on it today and it lloks brand new again. I dont mind polishing the cam cover every few months.

As for the chrome it dont need any maintanece like polished pipes.

And im not going to recommend the plater. He has peed me off.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
not having a pop matt, i was going to do the same myself, it's a shame to hide those lovely camgears behind a solid cover, i was just properly worried about it fading and cracking under the high engine temps
let me know what it is like in the real world and if it stays nice and clean i may just get one too ;)

Alex

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no worries. Is there not anyone else on here that can comment on how they hold up?

To be fair for the price im happy to buy a new one every year. But im sure that regular polishing will keep it A1 condition.

If it becomes a pain in the arse i can always put the old one back on. As my car is a rare Nismo/Omori factory built car i have kept all the bits so i can make the car standard again if a buyer wanted.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
i have the clear cam pulley cover. had it on for nearly a year now and ready for a good clean. still can see through it ok, and has not cracked.
and my car gets driven VERY hard on and off track with very high temps being seen and no probs with it...

as for chrome.. love it. polishing is a bane and needs to be re-done regular to keep the shine...

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all i do to clean the chrome on my other car is give it a quick wipe over with a damp cloth every month. It when the parts are polished you have to sit there maintaining them.

here is a pic taken about 6 months ago. Its coming up 5 years old..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts