GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at last, will be picking up my car 2mor from jfe exeter and i am really looking forward to it, zaff from project karma has been working on it all day :bowdown1: so my baby is going to look the xxxxxxxx must say thanks to steve down there and will be posting pictures very shortly:clap::clap:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well im up nice and early ( hard to sleep in this house with a 3 year old and 11 month old twins, but thats another story) as i said im off to jfe to pick my baby up, black edition kb, any tips on how to drive it back
should i take the motorway or the a road, hope the wait is worth it, im sure it will be:clap::clap:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I'll admit i was a bit nervous driving the car out of the dealer (At 35!! It was still my first new car and certainly first car of this value), so i did the first 20 mins on the motorway. But it was so easy to drive that i soon had it on the A-roads. But it was a dry sunny road. Remember the tyres aren't the best in the rain/wet so take it easy till you get comfortable with it (which shouldn't take long to be honest)

On a positive note - It may be a big car, but it drives like a lot smaller car.

Another thing is to ignore the MFD while moving. It's tempting to play with it while driving. But it's not something i'd recommend. Keep your eyes on the road, you'll be travelling a lot faster than you expect even below 3.5k rpm. Have a play when you're parked up.

Take your camera and Enjoy :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks 4 the reply, yes a bit nervous at 44 myself its not the size its the cost
is there a problem with the tyres in the wet?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
thanks 4 the reply, yes a bit nervous at 44 myself its not the size its the cost
Not that i've noticed to be honest. But then i'm still pre-optimisation.

Other guys who are post-op have been pushing the car a lot harder and a few have had 'moments' with standing water.

I've not driven it fast in the wet, but in the dry the car goes round roundabouts like on rails. It's the first car that i've been in that really deserves that cliche!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks hopefully will be posting pictures later as the car has been detailed by zaff from project karma, fingers crossed it will look the bomb

·
Registered
640 Posts
well im up nice and early ( hard to sleep in this house with a 3 year old and 11 month old twins, but thats another story) as i said im off to jfe to pick my baby up, black edition kb, any tips on how to drive it back
should i take the motorway or the a road, hope the wait is worth it, im sure it will be:clap::clap:
Steve at JFE is top bloke, say hi from me. picked mine up a few weeks ago! I took the link road to barnstaple, a39 down the coast to newquay, then back up the a30 to exeter again beofre hitting the motorway m5 back up north! some nice roads to run it in before the constant motorway cruising speeds.
Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
floor the throttle in the wet, in a straight line, and you'll get some wheel spin, but the car will then dig in. Similarly in the dry, it will step out, then 4wd will drag it back in line:cool:

others may want to comment on wet performance in the twisties

enjoy the car

ed

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm post optimisation now too, just drive it with respect, its a big car on big tyres, no big problems with the wet weather then at all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for your replys over the moon with the car big thanks to steve very helpful, car looked gr8 thanks to zaff
having a problem with the tracker keycard for some reason was ok coming back from exeter to bristol but ever since been getting theft alert tx messages, any ideas anyone

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
thanks for your replys over the moon with the car big thanks to steve very helpful, car looked gr8 thanks to zaff
having a problem with the tracker keycard for some reason was ok coming back from exeter to bristol but ever since been getting theft alert tx messages, any ideas anyone
check it is set up properly

i'll pm you

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i believe so as i said fine driving back from exeter now everytime i drive it, tx then phone call, led flashing all seems right, have i done something wrong
:(:bawling::chairshot

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
such a happy guy with the biggest smile:):clap: been driving the car all weekend taking drooling friends out and telling them all about the cars this and thats, they are WELL impressed with it (still having a problem with the tracker phobs,tx then phone call every time i drive it, but will get that problem sorted monday) nearly got the 300 miles done so will slowly be able to get the paddle levers going, any tips?
once agian the wait was WORTH it could not be more impressed with the car roll on 1200 miles:smokin::smokin::clap::clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts