GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
at the risk of being an old softy - this touched me and I thought I might share it with you guys...

a guy at the 'ring last weekend was floating around my car (the day after Molemen and Robbie left unfortunately) and was obviously a huge fan of the GTR...nothing new in Germany...

Eventually, he worked up the courage to approach me and has since (unbelievably) tracked me down to the forum.
He came across the carpark to tell me a) That I had left the key in the car and b) that he would like to take a lap in the car... He was 6'4" at a guess and as we pulled out of the car park, just seemed like another German fan until he said - Hey look there are my parents and his gran poked her finger through the window at me at me and told me how careful I should be with him and his brother (didn't understand a word!) at this point I realised, he was just a kid.
We did a lap and as Moleman suggested (along with this guys gran I suspect) I turned the boost down but It was still a 9'ish lap. Now...He has since contacted me ...
and Hey Justin,
I can't help you with your overboost dangers, but can you remember me? I'm the boy from the Nordschleife from monday this week. I've searched everywhere for your e-mail adress and then I found you in these GT-R forum. I wanted to ask you for your e-mail adress, but the ride in a Skyline was so unbelieveable, so I've forgotten. If you want to, you can contact me under my e-mail adress: **************** because I don't know when you're online. Goodbye Dom
and since then I have had this:
Yes, the ride in your Skyline was very beautiful. I always thought this would always be a dream for me.

First I was afraid of asking you. But then ...

The 28th may there is the Skyline meeting on the Nürburgring. Do you come??? Perhaps I can persuade my parents to go there, too.

Dom
Now, obviously, I am going to tell him that we are there but I thought some of you quicker guys might take him for a spin also (Granny permitting).
I'll be honest, all this kid knew was my first name and I'm pretty impressed with his resourcefulness - He deserves it I reckon. Keeping this to the members only section in the hope we can give him/brother/friend a nice surprise (Told you I was a softy) In hindsight, I reckon they are around 15...

Thoughts on a postcard...

JR

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,026 Posts
as Moleman suggested...I turned the boost down
Did it feel better mate? I find I can use all the available power and drive the car rather than just hanging on for grim death. lol

I'm pretty impressed with his resourcefulness
It's surprisingy easy.

lol @ John.

Nobody minds giving ride alongs mate. The more the merrier.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did it feel better mate? I find I can use all the available power and drive the car rather than just hanging on for grim death. lol

Yeah, confidence levels go up a few notches when you are only losing traction to show off ... :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts